How do YOU audit your airs before leaving?

BrownThunder

Sounds like us here. As long as you send in your missing air before 10:30 it doesn't seem to matter.
What about those times when you send it in and then find it in some random ass spot on your truck? Are you back on the hook or do you just pass the blame to your loader? This is why I get in early so I know where all of my stuff is. I can leave the hub feeling confident that I can attack my air run and even squeeze ground in so I don't t have to see their sorry faces again that day

mrbrownstone

What about those times when you send it in and then find it in some random ass spot on your truck? Are you back on the hook or do you just pass the blame to your loader? This is why I get in early so I know where all of my stuff is. I can leave the hub feeling confident that I can attack my air run and even squeeze ground in so I don't t have to see their sorry faces again that day

In my center I don't think you get in trouble if you find it later.

I always figured that if I couldn't find an air at a stop they could look at my telematics and see that I stopped there and attempted to look for it.

At some point you simply have to move on.

dqs95124

Two weeks ago looking for my missing air pkg, found it in the 5999 spot in the back of the truck. Since I'm usually brick loaded and I do EAMs the sups throw the pkgs anywhere. I never try to have late air. That's our bread and butter. So tell yr preload Sup about it, like I did. Have it in a tote in back

mdnj88

In my center I don't think you get in trouble if you find it later.

I always figured that if I couldn't find an air at a stop they could look at my telematics and see that I stopped there and attempted to look for it.

At some point you simply have to move on.
In my center, our manager will show up on road and make you just about empty your whole truck to look for missing air. Our new DM is zero tolerance on late air

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont look at anything, by the time they release it, i have done my pretrip, and waiting for it to download, and hittin the road. Trust edd

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I dont look at anything, by the time they release it, i have done my pretrip, and waiting for it to download, and hittin the road. Trust edd
yep...and if I cant find an air I page it in to the center, which is always before 10 or so...sometimes I find it on the floor, other times its not in the car. Not my problem....if its on the shelf or mixed in with a couple bulk stops that they load air with I am never late with them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In my center, our manager will show up on road and make you just about empty your whole truck to look for missing air. Our new DM is zero tolerance on late air
stupid...he then needs to come in at 2 in the morning to audit the airs... maybe the division dude should come in to do the same thing!1

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
stupid...he then needs to come in at 2 in the morning to audit the airs... maybe the division dude should come in to do the same thing!1
I think maybe they should do something, as I dont know what else they do. I am sure they shuffle lots of paper.