How do you deal with houses with no address numbers on them?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Imagine the look on their faces if at Christmas time I left them an envelope with "Merry Christmas" written on it and inside was a set of number stickers. Hint hint.

Mr Shifter

I cary a sharpie and usually after I determine the address write the number on the side or inside of the mailbox. If they got a problem call the 1800 number.

Z

ZQXC

one of the first things our oms asks a customer calling in

"Do you have a proper house # number that is displayed in a location where it can be read from the street"

Wut?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A nice PSA from your local UPS center. Every time I see a house like this I think how I have all the time in the world to get them their package but if they ever need an ambulance they're friend:censored2:d.
I love the conversation. How do you expect the fire dept or ambulance to find your house?

Customer blank stare. What do you mean?

Pooter

I always want to hug that dude that's out there painting numbers on curbs.

Few times I hate not carrying cash.

Z

ZQXC

Some clowns can't remember their address but they want to give you directions to the house.

If your freakin' house is on fire what address will you give the fire department? That's the one I want also.

Z

ZQXC

... the stick-on numbers that have rolled up so tight it looks like 3 licorice sticks on the side of the box / have a little pride in your home

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a package last week on a country road. I drove up and down twice and didn't see the number on any of the mailboxes, so I picked the driveway with the number closest to it. Knocked on door and asked if it was correct address.
Customer- Yes and no. Actually, it's the address of my daughter's apt over the garage. How can I get this in the GPS or something so people can find it?
Me- Put the numbers on the mailbox.
Her- Oh. Yeah, I guess that would help.

Sigh.....