How Do You deal With The Harassment Of The Flavor Of The Month?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by olroadbeech, Mar 13, 2015.

1. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

it's aggravating. this flavor of the month BS. they drive you crazy about a stupid number and then the next month go on to something else.
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Bring them pizza from cosco.
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

What? I'm sorry you were saying something about flavor of the what? I'm doing the best I can at reading this post, I'll keep trying.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Depends on the flavor.

Anything non performance related. Doing the best I can.

Performance related. Hold on I need a steward if we are going to talk about performance.then say I'm doing the best I can.
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

It gives somebody higher up a feeling of importance to think of something new to harass us about. "I'm doing my best" is all I have to say to them.
  6. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Beat them at there own game. Look if you have half a brain and a little wit you can dominate.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

In one ear and out the other repeat as needed.
  8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It is fun to harass mgmnt about something you need fixed.
  9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I just say "I'll work on it." and keep walking. Usually I'll get a "That a boy." I just keep working like I always do.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

What is the issue that you are referencing?

In my opinion the thread topic is too general.

No offense intended.

• Derail Derail x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Par for the course....I turn the volume up my ipod and smile at their stupudity. You wanna whine about production numbers when you hand me 5 pages of add/cuts at 9am? Now you're paying me OT to move packages I already loaded again. Sounds real productive to
  13. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

One of my best buds is a 22.3 and he has some issues sometime works by in the building and I always tell him to just listen to his iPod or stream a radio talk show. When they talk to you say one word answers or don't even reply.
  14. 2 hrs over allowed

2 hrs over allowed Upstate follower

The flavor is performance here. I love how they start nitpicking with 4-5 ft of snow on the ground. Asked my driver sup to show me how to do it better. Haven't bothered me since.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Nod your head and say, "OK I will try to do better today"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Every winter my backing distance increases because a lot of customers use their turn around as a place to dump snow. Every winter my on car supe asks about my increase of backing distance. It's like the swallows returning to Capistrano and the buzzards returning to Hinckley.
  17. 2 hrs over allowed

2 hrs over allowed Upstate follower

Yes I recently was observed because of the amount and distance of some of my backs. My center manager said he was going to take the reverse gear out of my pc. Lol
  18. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

They're just boxes. Package goes in car you deliver it that's it.
  19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Or wear a low cut shirt.
  20. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

That is so aggravating. I was still climbing piles of snow, and uphill drives, and sidewalks and steps with 3 inches of ice still on them, and hes complaining about overallow. While in theory the conditions are getting better, if you never step outside your cubicle, do you know what potholes are? You still cant go speed limit on most streets. I just look dumb, tell him their numbers are bogus, and do it the same way every day, always giving 100%, always safe, and no dfs or complaints. Just brought home my 20 yrs safe driving award, which was gathering desk in the office, I know I do a good job, and have certification to prove it.