How do you go about contacting the route owner about a ground driver?

newgirl

I see some trucks have the route owners name on the door, but they are always open. How do you know who owns the route?

newgirl

Ask the driver.
The driver doesn't stick around long enough to ask. The driver is dropping perishables in the hot Texas sun--no ring no knock. Wouldn't the contractor want to know and not have to go through the complaint process?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've tried complaining about a Ground driver before (forged my signature) but it seems someone at the terminal always sticks up for them with the lame "well they're just independent contractors" bulls hit.

CJinx

The complaint process is the best way to handle it. If you try to contact the contractor or the station directly, you give them the opportunity to sweep the incidents under the rug. Having a complaint put in makes it show up on the district's radar(so they have to do something) and will more likely get the contractor's attention because it can cost him money(everyone takes notice when you attack their wallet).

newgirl

The complaint process is the best way to handle it. If you try to contact the contractor or the station directly, you give them the opportunity to sweep the incidents under the rug. Having a complaint put in makes it show up on the district's radar(so they have to do something) and will more likely get the contractor's attention because it can cost him money(everyone takes notice when you attack their wallet).

I appreciate your response.

I wanted to at least give him the opportunity to rectify it without endangering his contract. If this driver does it to one stop he is surely doing it to others. If I was pissing one of my customers off I would hope they would tell me, but alas that's not how it works anymore. People want to hide behind the anonymity of email and facebook postings.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Put a note near your door saying "All carriers, please ring bell....etc."
That's what's posted at my front door.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably the best way to avoid the complaint process is to contact sales and have message relayed through them.