How do you stay warm

Notretiredyet

It wasn't that bad today, the sun was shining and a balmy -25 windchill. I didn't even put a jacket on, that UA 3.0 Baselayer stuff works so well I only wore my vest.

djkre8r

I honestly don't know how you guys do this job up north. My hat's off to you.
The low today was 18 with a high of 35, and you would have thought it was the end of the world the way people were acting.
I delivered to one house and water was pouring out of the attic over the garage. No one was home so i used my pliers to turn off the main supply to the house.
No one has insulation below the mason dixon line.

I totally agree with the above! Yesterday in GA was brutal (for us) and I was lucky enough to have a helper. When I picked him up after lunch it was 19 degrees then when we were done it was 9 degrees. However I had to take a few stops for him so he could stay in the cab and try to warm up. I just kept telling him "The guys up North do this every day and trek through mounds of snow". Glad I live in the South!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
15 degrees in northeast today. Wore 3 pairs of wool socks, goretex Dunham boots, coldgear pants 2 pairs of longjohns a pair of sweatpants and heavy ups pants. On top: 2 tshirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 3 thermal long sleeve shirts, 1 long sleeve ups shirt and sweater. And 1 wool cap and 1 brown wool hat with the earflaps and gloves. Alot of drivers were complaining about being cold all day. I was like you idiots thats what you get for not wearing or bringing enough clothes and not preparing correctly for the CAMPING TRIP lol.

bumped

I honestly don't know how you guys do this job up north. My hat's off to you.
The low today was 18 with a high of 35, and you would have thought it was the end of the world the way people were acting.
I delivered to one house and water was pouring out of the attic over the garage. No one was home so i used my pliers to turn off the main supply to the house.
No one has insulation below the mason dixon line.

Is your water main above ground? Ours is over 4 feet deep below the frost line.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

15 degrees in northeast today. Wore 3 pairs of wool socks, goretex Dunham boots, coldgear pants 2 pairs of longjohns a pair of sweatpants and heavy ups pants. On top: 2 tshirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 3 thermal long sleeve shirts, 1 long sleeve ups shirt and sweater. And 1 wool cap and 1 brown wool hat with the earflaps and gloves. Alot of drivers were complaining about being cold all day. I was like you idiots thats what you get for not wearing or bringing enough clothes and not preparing correctly for the CAMPING TRIP lol.

It sounds to me as though you were overdressed for the weather.

born2Bwild

Hello
to all those who contribute with their tips and suggestions on how to endure the vortex a big THANK YOU for you. it was cold as ice
I know many read your posts and took cover, some chickened (no offense) out, some got lucky on their vacations. but I was in the trench with seven layers walking like b#@b diffuser and three pairs of gloves.
the think that got to us is the diad 5, it was failing like a falling flies, many could not even end their deliveries because the board went down
again THANK YOU

CMRSC2

ThermaCELL Heated Insoles foot warmers about $130. What's awesome is it comes with a wireless remote.

ThermaCELL-Heated-Insoles.jpg