how do you withdraw from the union

gotbrown

I will call my local on monday but didnt know if any of the stewards would know. Since im leaving UPS I was told by some I get my initiation fee back.. is this true? Any insight would be great thanks, If it matters im in the new england area

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Good luck with that. After 4 years as a casual, I doubt you will get anything back. Take a withdrawal card so you won't have to pay them again if you ever take another Teamster job.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The day after you stop working there, go to the union hall and get your withdrawal card.
You will not get your money back but it freezes your progression at the union.

Cosmo1 had it right

UPSGUY72

The day after you stop working there, go to the union hall and get your withdrawal card.

Cosmo1 had it right

If you don't they could make you pay back dues not necessarily a initiation fee as the OP would have still actually be a union member just not in good standing.

I have a withdrawal card from the iron workers union that I was in before UPS.

bbsam

Staff member
When I quit/got fired 20 years ago, I didn't do anything to withdraw? Am I technically a Teamster with decades of seniority?

Johney

Cosmo1 had it right
Check your local's website also, ours you can apply for your withdrawal online and they mail it to you.

gotbrown

ours has a non-interactive site more like a info page, thanks for the response i must have been misinformed,will definitely get my withdrawal card .. Would have been nice to get that $1000 back,,well goes to show ya you just cant have everything:happy-very: