How does a "No" vote affect our current health benefits?

undies

Just curious how this all plays out. If the current proposed contract is rejected and we do go on strike, are we still covered under the current contract until a new one is established? Do our healthcare benefits still apply? I've never had the pleasure of going on strike, so any and all information would be great! Thanks.

InsideUPS

Just curious how this all plays out. If the current proposed contract is rejected and we do go on strike, are we still covered under the current contract until a new one is established? Do our healthcare benefits still apply? I've never had the pleasure of going on strike, so any and all information would be great! Thanks.

I believe our healthcare benefits would stop. You may be covered for one month at which time COBRA would kick in.

U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Health Plans & Benefits - Continuation of Health Coverage COBRA

There are some knowledgeable people here on BC in regard to healthcare that will be able to provide additional information.....

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
First things first, we wouldn't immediately go on strike. There's 3 months left on this agreement. They would call the negotiators back to the table and they would work on the things we indicate need working on. We could vote on a strike authorization but it would do little good as UPS would probably want an extension rather than a strike or lockout. I predict the contract will pass with at least 60% of the vote. Maybe more once details are fully fleshed out.