how does a part-time supervisor become a driver?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mrups, Aug 30, 2012.

1. mrups

mrups New Member

I understand part-time supervisors can apply for the 1 in 7 driving positions that are offered to the public.

How does one go about doing this?

I know some of my management team have gone this route on their way up the ladder.

Who do I contact?
    Is there a specific spot on upsers that I can go to apply for the position?

I do not want to make my management and part time hr person unhappy while applying for the driving position.

Thank you for the guidance!
  2. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

your a supervisor you tell us how it works.
  3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Bend over and grab your ankles.
  4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

You are a part time sup but you have NO idea about how one becomes a driver? LMAO

I knew management was clueless, but not THIS much
  5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You could be waiting along time. Longer than it would have taking in you just stayed PT.
  6. pazizu

pazizu New Member

For a PT supervisor to become a driver you have go through the MAPP process for FT supervisor, pass the initial assessment, pass the IN-BOX test and pass the panel interview with the 3 division managers. If you pass and are qualified for FT management, the you have a chance of getting one of the full time driver spots. A lot will depend on the division manager where you work, they decide if and when supervisors go driving (they generally do not like management employees moving to a non-management position, defeats the purpose of promoting someone to pt management if they have no interest in staying in management).