How does a pilot get a job flying a ups plane?

rushfan

One of the top 5 seniority pilots lives on my former delivery route (thank goodness for feeders). He started with Orion airlines-they flew UPS packages before UPS airlines was formed. Basically, he was at the right place at the right time. UPS didn't want to spend a lot to form their own airline from the ground up, so Orion was bought out. Now, he has top choice which routes to fly. Warmer climates in winter, cooler routes in the summer.

As mentioned, Hours, Hours, and Hours in multi-engined, turbine aircraft-not piston powered Cessna 172. 4 year college degree, and Military service a plus. UPS has a quota each year how many pilots are needed. Each qualified candidate is put into a hiring pool. Basically, a lottery drawing.

If fate drew me a wining card, I would rather be flying a G-5, Global Express, or Falcon 7X around the world-than an Airbus or Boeing full of packages.

http://www.dassaultfalcon.com/7x/

drewed

Shankman
If you want to be a UPS pilot planning on being in my neck of the woods for a couple years, in the new pilot contract i believe it states all newly hired pilots must spend their probabtion (18months) in ANC. Preference would sit in the 767 and 747 certs and military exp is a major plus