how does scratching and pay work at bonus centers?

kerbinator

My advise.

1) Don't get use to bonus. They giveth and they can taketh.
2) Don't work for bonus. Work to complete your day and your career.
this is exactly why I didn't want to ask my boss or co-workers

but I don't mind complete strangers thinking I only care about dollars and cents

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
OK, I'm more confused than when I started. If you are dispatched at 9 hours and do it in 7 do you get 1 hour guarantee pay and 1 hour bonus or do you just get the guarantee pay?

Bonus is just like OT that you don't work. If you finish a 9 hour plan in 7 hours you'll get paid 8 hours straight time and 1 hour bonus. Bonus here is paid at the OT rate.

Big Babooba

Running "scratch" means you drove so many miles, made so many delivery and pickup stops, and a few other things in the planned amount of time. It uses a nearly impossible math formula to achieve a planned day based on you having a miracle day where everything goes right.

Well I graduated from the sixth grade and I can tell you that the "nearly impossible math formula" you speak of is actually quite simple. I used to do these problems on the school bus every morning.

D30001.jpg
D30001.jpg

Johney

Here again, we see how things differ from one center to the next. Our cover drivers are full time and get bonus.
Maybe not. I'll explain it different.
1.We have full-time drivers who have a bid route.
2.We have full-time drivers who don't have bid routes(swing drivers).
3.We have cover drivers that basically do what a full-time driver does just make less money and are usually sent back to pre-load or re-load during summer.They are essentially part-timers. No friend/t vacation,no bonus,not guaranteed 8 hours,can't be on 9.5 list.
Is that how it is there?

menotyou

bella amicizia
3.We have cover drivers that basically do what a full-time driver does just make less money and are usually sent back to pre-load or re-load during summer.They are essentially part-timers. No friend/t vacation,no bonus,not guaranteed 8 hours,can't be on 9.5 list.
Is that how it is there?
Sounds like my center. Add in the kid who goes to the airport at 3 am to get the air. That job should be FT. He delivers til between 11 am -1pm.

kingOFchester

Is that how it is there?

YES,

kingOFchester

So, who gets the bonus? JUst the bid drivers?

Bid drivers and the "swing" drivers. All full time drivers.
The drivers that are working summer vacations and peak are not in progression and are not coded as full time even tho they are working 40 plus hours a week, They do not get bonus.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Bid drivers and the "swing" drivers. All full time drivers.
The drivers that are working summer vacations and peak are not in progression and are not coded as full time even tho they are working 40 plus hours a week, They do not get bonus.
Sounds unfair. Strange concept.

Johney

Sounds unfair. Strange concept.
It is very unfair. As far as I understand the cover driver concept was to be used to cover vacations and staffing issues. But here they are used to supplement the friend/t workforce. We have far more cover drivers that work than people on vacation. To me that means we need more friend/t drivers. I could be wrong though.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is very unfair. As far as I understand the cover driver concept was to be used to cover vacations and staffing issues. But here they are used to supplement the friend/t workforce. We have far more cover drivers that work than people on vacation. To me that means we need more friend/t drivers. I could be wrong though.
You aren't wrong. We have covers/casuals working year round, when they use to actually visit their home shifts once in a while. I don't see the union demanding the FT jobs that so desperately are needed.