How does the 9-5 list work?

JL 0513

What's the reason you already want less hours when you just started driving? It's going to be a rough career for you already don't want a long day. Everyone's life circumstance is different and perhaps you have a good reason, but usually when you're on the first year low wage you're looking for all the overtime you can get. Good for you if you don't have bills. For me, I texted in at the end of everyday asking if I could help another driver.

BUCN85

We have drivers that do the same route every day even though they are technically utility drivers. Often it is the ones who management feels could not handle doing new routes all the time. Many are femaleo_O. They don't need to have 4 years in to file.

If you cover a route for an entire week you can file if over 9.5 on 3 days without having worked 4+ years. That will put you on the list. The next time you file demand the monetary penalty. The guys around here who file every time without exception have their hours controlled. The ones who "sometimes" file will not have their hours controlled, but they still bitch about it. Make it clear you will file for monetary compensation for each and every violation
I just want to be clear on this. Say next week I'm covering a route all week. I go over 9.5 first 3 days I can file. So then what the next 2 I need to be dispatched under? And then I'll be on the list. But only for that route I covered. I'm 3 years in. Central states

BUCN85

No there are a ton of exceptions to the 4 year rule. We have gotten every single driver that wants to be on the list on it.
Elaborate....

I just want to be clear on this. Say next week I'm covering a route all week. I go over 9.5 first 3 days I can file. So then what the next 2 I need to be dispatched under? And then I'll be on the list. But only for that route I covered. I'm 3 years in. Central states

barnyard

KTM rider
I just want to be clear on this. Say next week I'm covering a route all week. I go over 9.5 first 3 days I can file. So then what the next 2 I need to be dispatched under?

Nope. The 1st time you file, gets you on the list. You have to be over 9.5 the next week to file and get paid. Everything has to be in a pay period, the 9.5 list no longer carrys over from a previous week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Elaborate....

You're one the 9.5 list period. No this route or that route. Keep filing anytime you're violated.

barnyard

KTM rider
Maybe I misexplained...

Once you file to be on the list, you are on it for 6 months. The 1st grievance gets you on the list. You cannot file 2 grievances for a 1 week period, you have to wait until the next week where you work more than 3 days over 9.5 to grieve and get paid.

That was a change for this contract. 9.5 use to be any 5 day period. I thought this contract also expanded who can be on the list. It used to be only bid route holders and cover drivers would only file if they were working a route that the bid route holder was on the 9.5 list.

I am a cover driver and have been off and on the list during this contract. I am not currently on because I have not worked over 9.5 3 times in a 1 week period. In my building, once a person is on the list, the bosses make sure they do not get the chance to sign up again.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It should be like this
Tell them you don't want to work more than 9.5 hours. If after this you do their should be consequences
All this get on some list then when that runs out out you have to get on another list is
Straight up BS

By The Book

Nope. The 1st time you file, gets you on the list. You have to be over 9.5 the next week to file and get paid. Everything has to be in a pay period, the 9.5 list no longer carrys over from a previous week.
This is all accurate information....then you go on to say your on the list for 6 months when I thought you were on the list 5 months not inclusive of November and December.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It should be like this
Tell them you don't want to work more than 9.5 hours. If after this you do their should be consequences
All this get on some list then when that runs out out you have to get on another list is
Straight up BS
Yep it really shouldn't be that hard. Put me on the 9.5 until farther notice.

I understand there is no list in November and December.

By The Book

It should be like this
Straight up BS
As much as you feel it's BS... It is there to protect you from excessive overtime. If it wasn't there I'm not sure how many hours you'd be working.....with no recourse I might add.