How Does the White House Counter "Dissent" At Town Halls Meeting? Plants!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think its terrific that the republicans put together the shout downs at the town halls..

It finally made them unnecessary to hold. Great job.

Debate is not debacle, and thats what the republican party has to offer.

Im glad the president is holding them himself. He is shutting down the rhetoric directly and holding civil debates..

No one has the balls to shout out when he speaks.

As for the beatdowns some of those tea bagging robots have been getting, well I fully support them.

If you think the SEIU can give a good beatdown, wait till some teamsters make them look like pre school teachers!

:peaceful:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
For eight years we all watched as GWB shot quills like a porcupine into the ass of this country with a series of ever worsening ideas and policies. Sure I too wish Obama could remove the quills painlessly, but people that expect them to come out using Bush policies are not being realistic. Sit tight, it's gonna hurt as they are pulled out, but we'll all be better off in time unless we want to leave them in there.

For eight years we all watched as GWB shot quills like a porcupine into the ass of this country with a series of ever worsening ideas and policies. Sure I too wish Obama could remove the quills painlessly, but people that expect them to come out using Bush policies are not being realistic. Sit tight, it's gonna hurt as they are pulled out, but we'll all be better off in time unless we want to leave them in there.

Nice, but how about being specific. Then debate those policies. A typical liberal response. Never debates the issues just blames everyone else. Watch out for the stampede. There is a stampede coming out of the market today...20:1 which is big considering the low summer volume.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Well said. Right to the point. (so to speak)

tieguy

Banned
I think its terrific that the republicans put together the shout downs at the town halls..

someones living in denial.

Democrats were getting their buts kicked by rooms full of angry taxpayers wherever they went. So they decided they would take their ball and go home.

Its not staged townhalls with cream puff questions posed by staged actors either.

Im glad the president is holding them himself. He is shutting down the rhetoric directly and holding civil debates..

what rhetoric would he possibly be shutting down amongst staged actors?

No one is allowed the opportunity to shout out where he speaks.

As for the beatdowns some of those tea bagging robots have been getting, well I fully support them.

beatdowns? Are you saying your side is now using "brown shirt" tactics to quiet the opposition? There's democracy at work.

If you think the SEIU can give a good beatdown, wait till some teamsters make them look like pre school teachers!

HUh. are you on drugs again. How about a link to these "beatdowns"

tieguy

Banned

How long will your side continue to ignore the fact that obama, reid , pelosi etc were all a part of congress and helped sink those same quills?

government run health care is a whole new issue. It was not a "quill" sunk the last 8 years. Its an entirely new quill that Obama is trying to sink

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think its terrific that the republicans put together the shout downs at the town halls
funny, i don't recall anyone stating just what their party was as they were asking questions during any "townhalls"?

Again can you prove that it was just republicans attending those "townhalls" ?
softball questions from planted stooges...now that's a great debate.
NO they were too afraid, after all they were "invited" so someone knew who they were.

violence is your answer....what kind of open minded lib are you ? where is your respect for another's pov ?

Stereotyping

wkmac

I think it very dangerous to suppress speech and yes that goes both ways in someone standing up in any public forum and taking it over using tactics of disrespect and shoutdowns.

That said however, I do believe these occurrances may not be near as numerous as some like to make them appear so in shutting down open forums, you silence the voices of a larger group who do have legit concerns and questions and to them it may begin to look as though there is sometime to hide. This provides a fertile medium on which many wrong ideas might begin to take root and make the vocal opposition that much more vocal. In turn, if further suppression tactics of any type (not all tactics are physical) are used, there is an increasing backlash that begins it's own "snowball downhill process" that can get quite ugly and far from what everyone wants except an elite few who always profit in wealth and power from such actions.

Besides, if these protests are as some portray, would it not be better to have more public TownHall meeting and then gather the evidence to expose them to the larger public for what they truly are? If you really believe this and wanted you healthcare plan to cakewalk, this is exactly what you would do in exposing the opposition as frauds. However, if you know that this really isn't the case and they in fact do threaten you ideas for which you have no logical response, then speech suppression is a typical and would be a logical reaction.

Free Speech is the antiseptic of society in that if people are completely free to say as they believe, then all others around them also know them for just who they really are. A society of masked faces is not a truly free society, it is a society of state imposed hypocrisy and hypocrites.

Fascism whether under the banner of democrat or republican or libertarian is still fascism none the less!

tieguy

Banned
You know it's a snow-job when even a liberal Boston newspaper says so!

Town Hall Nothing More Than Fluff

Town Hall Meeting Becomes Love-in

"Even Obama seemed a little embarrassed at the absence of anything resembling a critical or skeptical question"

I love this quote from your second source:

"That would come as astonishing news to the nearly 7 in 10 Americans who rate their coverage as good or excellent. If this is what passes for the new White House strategy, they might want to think it through again."

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Originally Posted by The Other Side

someones living in denial.YES..YOU.

Democrats were getting their buts kicked by rooms full of angry taxpayers wherever they went. So they decided they would take their ball and go home. ONLY ON FAUX NEWS but not in the rest of the country where debates were civil.

Its not staged townhalls with cream puff questions posed by staged actors either. AHH, again with the baseless charges..I watched on saturday when Obama took many questions from people who disagreed and shot down their rediculous rhetoric supplied the right wing organizers who got them in there..

what rhetoric would he possibly be shutting down amongst staged actors? EVERYONE of the anti health care questions asked was answered and the truth spoken. President Obama went even further by slamming Sarah Palins comment about death panels, even though she and other republicans backed such panels when they had control of congress...FACT< check it out.

No one is allowed the opportunity to shout out where he speaks. THATS CORRECT, that is democracy in action, maybe you believe we should act like tehran and shout in the streets, burning cars and such?

beatdowns? Are you saying your side is now using "brown shirt" tactics to quiet the opposition? There's democracy at work.No, thats you saying that, what im saying is for all those dumb enough to board a bus after listening to right wing propaganda, then attend a meeting and being unruly carrying swatikas and the like, then your getting a beatdown. Your too "stupid" to treat like an american, and deserve no better than the way they treat shouters in tehran.

HUh. are you on drugs again. How about a link to these "beatdowns" Better yet, why not go participate in a townhall where there is vast union supporters and carry your FAUX news signs and shout whatever you want in the face of one of those union members, then report back to us once you get out of your coma.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Not so.
According to some sources there is a plan to do away with the 22nd amendment; because bho is such a young guy and he could be president for many more years.
Can you say president for life ?

Can you say, 'pot induced fantasy'?
Considering what it takes to amend the constitution, this is beyond unlikely....

Truthfully, I was amazed that Great Leader Cheney allowed us to hold elections last year....

tieguy

Banned
Originally Posted by The Other Side

someones living in denial.YES..YOU.

Democrats were getting their buts kicked by rooms full of angry taxpayers wherever they went. So they decided they would take their ball and go home. ONLY ON FAUX NEWS but not in the rest of the country where debates were civil.

Its not staged townhalls with cream puff questions posed by staged actors either. AHH, again with the baseless charges..I watched on saturday when Obama took many questions from people who disagreed and shot down their rediculous rhetoric supplied the right wing organizers who got them in there..

what rhetoric would he possibly be shutting down amongst staged actors? EVERYONE of the anti health care questions asked was answered and the truth spoken. President Obama went even further by slamming Sarah Palins comment about death panels, even though she and other republicans backed such panels when they had control of congress...FACT< check it out.

No one is allowed the opportunity to shout out where he speaks. THATS CORRECT, that is democracy in action, maybe you believe we should act like tehran and shout in the streets, burning cars and such?

beatdowns? Are you saying your side is now using "brown shirt" tactics to quiet the opposition? There's democracy at work.No, thats you saying that, what im saying is for all those dumb enough to board a bus after listening to right wing propaganda, then attend a meeting and being unruly carrying swatikas and the like, then your getting a beatdown. Your too "stupid" to treat like an american, and deserve no better than the way they treat shouters in tehran.

HUh. are you on drugs again. How about a link to these "beatdowns" Better yet, why not go participate in a townhall where there is vast union supporters and carry your FAUX news signs and shout whatever you want in the face of one of those union members, then report back to us once you get out of your coma.

Despite all your trumped up Bs the fact remains that your boy Obama is doing a michael jackson moon walk away from public health care because he is catching so much hell from the voters.

My crazy republicans are winning and your democrats are back pedaling.

tieguy

Banned
Can you say, 'pot induced fantasy'?
Considering what it takes to amend the constitution, this is beyond unlikely....

Truthfully, I was amazed that Great Leader Cheney allowed us to hold elections last year....

Psssst. Someone tell the new girl that Obama and biden are the ones in power.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

what im saying is for all those dumb enough to board a bus after listening to right wing propaganda, then attend a meeting and being unruly carrying swatikas and the like, then your getting a beatdown. Your too "stupid" to treat like an american

[/QUOTE]

Never saw anyone carrying a swatika , care to back up that claim.
Only heard about from that witch from Ca.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
what im saying is for all those dumb enough to board a bus after listening to right wing propaganda, then attend a meeting and being unruly carrying swatikas and the like, then your getting a beatdown. Your too "stupid" to treat like an american

Never saw anyone carrying a swatika , care to back up that claim.
Only heard about from that witch from Ca.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of images available to view. The same TEA BAGGING morons who have nothing better to do than follow the drum beats of right wing idiots will carry ANY sign placed into their hands.

These are just a sample of the hundreds of morons across this country using the swastikas as symbols of stupidity.

The right wing has gone all out on this battle to protect the insurance and pharma companies bottom line at the expense of middle americans.

I laugh at the old people in the crowd who chant "we dont want goverment run healthcare" as they carry their medicare cards in their pocketbooks.!!

LOLOLOLOLOL Right wing old people, the easiest people in the USA to scare into stupidity!