How does ups handle driving accedents, ranging from small to large?

ITwannabe

Breaking a mirror on a new tree branch after a storm in the middle of winter on snow covered roads is equivalent to purposely running over an entire class of kindergarten kids.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Small ones are sometimes way over exaggerated. Large ones you will be off a while (unpaid) . If you do have an accident. Tell exactly what happened. Most are fired because they lie about how it -"wasn't their fault ". Over the years. I've only seen 1 driver lose their job for an accident. Maybe just a few days off only

Gear

Parts on Order
I am a driver for averitt and I wanted to go to ups some day when I get more experience. Package driver or feeder seasonal to get my foot in the door. How does ups handle driving mistakes, I heard they will fire you for the smallest thing but I know they have a safety point system of some kind. Could some one enlighten me on this subject?

Averitt is non union.
UPS is union.

You're more likely to be fired at Averitt, the non union job, then UPS, the union job, this is reality. UPS drivers and all union employees are "fired" and return to work, its union. When drivers/UPS union employees are terminated (actual lose of job), they made a big mistake or multiple big mistakes.

Anytime a union worker says they can be fired for any little thing is a drama queen. A big part of being union is not being fired for any reason, I mean actually losing your job.

Drake L.

Averitt is non union.
UPS is union.

You're more likely to be fired at Averitt, the non union job, then UPS, the union job, this is reality. UPS drivers and all union employees are "fired" and return to work, its union. When drivers/UPS union employees are terminated (actual lose of job), they made a big mistake or multiple big mistakes.

Anytime a union worker says they can be fired for any little thing is a drama queen. A big part of being union is not being fired for any reason, I mean actually losing your job.
Thank you for the insight, I was wonder what the union was good for it they didn't help you in some kind of way.

SixSidedAnomaly

Thank you for the insight, I was wonder what the union was good for it they didn't help you in some kind of way.
The union is a big entity in your corner opposed to the mean nasty company opposed to you. (generalization)

Unions make it so it isn't the little guy vs. the conglomerate. Apply this to many work related issues.