How does YOUR center?

BrownArmy

Peak is over, so now they're starting to hand the warning letters out in my center.

You know, for all the things they let slide during Peak.

Kind of hard to take the arbitrariness seriously.

Thebrownstreak

They tried doing that at our center. I got one for driving with my bulkhead door open. I read the warning letter and it said right on it that telematics observed me driving with my bulkhead door open for 75 miles during the day. I simply highlighted the whole "telematics observed" line and said hope you enjoy my grievance, and slid it under the center manager's door. He then wrote me up for doing that. My BA and steward had a field day with him.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ours are discussed in the office then the official warning is sent in the mail to your home.

Just got one last week for accidentally hitting prerecord in the middle of my last NDA stop and consequently making 7 NDA late.

Ours are discussed in the office then the official warning is sent in the mail to your home.

Just got one last week for accidentally hitting prerecord in the middle of my last NDA stop and consequently making 7 NDA late.
UPS.wants to save costs?..Hows about stopping the BS, warning letters! you knowthe ones, that they pay the post office almost $ 7 .00 to send you! Then add on,p alll the overtime they pay you, to sit in the office. thats a nice chunk of change!

Returntosender

If i was driver. White out where my name goes. Put Obama name there. Change the address to 1600 hundred Pennsylvania Ave. Then forward to the address. Obama can deal with center manager/DM letter indicting you need to impove your performance or disciplinary action will be taken.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Warning letters don't pass go unless they come after a verbal warning, and are given with a union steward present. But never ignore one. If you ignore one, it will go into your file. Always file a grievance after you're given a warning letter, even if it is legitimate. But especially if it is bogus. If you ignore it, it will stay in your file, and if you ever get disciplined later, particularly for something similar, it can build a strong case against you. So never ignore a warning letter.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS.wants to save costs?..Hows about stopping the BS, warning letters! you knowthe ones, that they pay the post office almost $ 7 .00 to send you! Then add on,p alll the overtime they pay you, to sit in the office. thats a nice chunk of change!
They send warning letters to your house?? I've never gotten one of those...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Warning letters don't pass go unless they come after a verbal warning, and are given with a union steward present. But never ignore one. If you ignore one, it will go into your file. Always file a grievance after you're given a warning letter, even if it is legitimate. But especially if it is bogus. If you ignore it, it will stay in your file, and if you ever get disciplined later, particularly for something similar, it can build a strong case against you. So never ignore a warning letter.

Aren't they supposed to be removed after 9 months?

9.5er

First warning letter I ever got was sent to my house certified mail. I didn't know what the delivery attempt card in the mail box was for. (Since I was at work when mailman tried to deliver it) I sent my wife to the post office to sign for it. Wasted her time and gas driving to town for that crap. I was pissed.

Next time I got one I told her so we would be sure NOT to go pick it up.(yep, working again so no one was home to sign for it) center manager handed it to about two weeks after I got the delivery card.
Last time I got one union filed to have it struck from my record before they mailed it. Don't even know if it was sent out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
7 late NDA's is hardly a BS issue.

My only BS part of it was that I sent a message into the OMS about my late air and what happened. When my on car and I and the union steward were int eh office he asked me what happened as I don't usually have late air. I said, "Didn't you get my message?" In response, "what message?" Once again communication error on the behalf of management.
Not that I still wasn't int he wrong for the late air, but there would have been no questions if the message was relayed properly.