How far in the hierarchy does the incompetence spread?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Rat, as a driver that busted his ass the last two weeks through several snow storms for a total of two feet, slush and ice storms lugging packages up long ass driveways while lazy home owners like your self couldn't even have the courtesy to attempt to use a shovel to clear a path, i find your attack on my company insulting!

Do you have any idea how many of us risked our own well being to deliver the packages? I am in an 80 driver center and last Friday we got hammered with 10 to 14 inches of snow, not one of my fellow drivers called off! We all worked well past 8pm, and while we were not happy about it, we did it! Any idea how many thank yous i heard that day out of 311 stops? Not one!

I did 300 plus stops just about every day the last two and a half weeks in this weather and i attempted every package on my truck, not missing one delivery. Yet you feel you have the right to slam us, because we got slammed by bad weather.

We had drivers stuck on residential streets to the point that there was a 2 to 3 hour wait to get a tow truck. Maybe call your village and complain because the roads were not done to the point that trucks could not drive on them! But maybe the operations manager is the mayor?

Your not happy that ups couldn't deliver your packages, but did you see FedEx out there? how about dhl? Maybe next year you wont wait to the last minute to order, or here's an idea, go to the mall!

If your willing to never use ups again because of this than go!!! I'm not going to apologize to you after you attack my company the way you have, so do me a favor and take your business else were!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Then I want a gift certificate too, for one free UPS shipment. And I want the certificated sent via USPS, please.
Not likely you will get that either.

It will do you no good to come in here and expect any sympathy when you want our brothers/sisters to put their careers and lives on the line to deliver your pkg. And then saying ****Off to boot! Really:dissapointed:

Get a life.

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Rat, as a driver that busted his ass the last two weeks through several snow storms for a total of two feet, slush and ice storms lugging packages up long ass driveways while lazy home owners like your self couldn't even have the courtesy to attempt to use a shovel to clear a path, i find your attack on my company insulting!

705red, you are certainly one of the good ones, my deepest apologies for the distress and anger I caused you by insulting your company. You should be promoted and given a raise.
And don't worry, only a personal apology from the CEO or the board of directors would do. Drivers are exempt.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
705red, you are certainly one of the good ones, my deepest apologies for the distress and anger I caused you by insulting your company. You should be promoted and given a raise.
And don't worry, only a personal apology from the CEO or the board of directors would do. Drivers are exempt.
You are in the wrong place for that. You won't find 'the' CEO here.

Re-Raise

You are a jerk sitting inside typing on a computer while people are risking their personal safety trying to deal with a weather disaster. Our company moves packages in a very narrow time window.

When weather events slow the process down things inevitably bottle neck. Your lack of concern for what our people are dealing with shows the kind of person you are. You just want your package NOW Wah Wah.

Katrina is spelled with a K :censored2:

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Then I want a gift certificate too, for one free UPS shipment. And I want the certificated sent via USPS, please.

Why should UPS give you a free shipping certificate all because of something thats out of their control......If you didnt want your package delayed maybe you shoulda shipped it before peak started

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Not likely you will get that either.

It will do you no good to come in here and expect any sympathy when you want our brothers/sisters to put their careers and lives on the line to deliver your pkg. And then saying ****Off to boot! Really:dissapointed:
Get a life.

You are either extremely dedicated to your employer (which is good) or have no sense of humor at all (which is not so good). That "**** off" you are quoting was directed at myself. I didn't know the gift certificate that I so insolently requested would be taken out of your paycheck. What a shame!

I obviously have no life like anyone else "hanging out" on the internet instead of doing something more productive or interesting. the CEO is not hanging out here, really? Man, I was wrong all the time.

re-raise said:
Katrina is spelled with a K :censored2:
Which proves that
1) I have made an intentional typo to catch people like you, hah!
2) You have bothered to read the message which should have made you think. It seems that some people take my general criticizing of UPS's strategy very personally. As I mentioned before I do not criticize drivers, I actually think they may be the only ones trying to do something here.

Re-Raise

Since I'm in a doomsday mood, it makes me think that "The Day After Tomorrow", that catastrophe flick with Dennis Quaid, is actually an example of the good weather-crisis management...

When I saw that movie the people were all huddled in the New York library , I leaned over to my wife and said keep watching because some poor UPS driver will be delivering to this library here in a minute.

You have no idea what UPS employees do and how quickly we do it. What is your job that you are such an expert on our lack of planning?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You are either extremely dedicated to your employer (which is good)
I am extremely dedicated to my brothers and sisters that I work with, and I won't sit by while you attack them.
or have no sense of humor at all (which is not so good).
I have a great sense of humor and also a great sense of honor and decency.
That "**** off" you are quoting was directed at myself.
I accept your explanation of ****off.
I didn't know the gift certificate that I so insolently requested would be taken out of your paycheck. What a shame!
It doesn't come out of my check but it does come out of the pocket of the company I work for and with your attitude I don't think you deserve.
I obviously have no life like anyone else "hanging out" on the internet instead of doing something more productive or interesting. the CEO is not hanging out here, really? Man, I was wrong all the time.
We have lives and we also have friends in here with whom we like spending time. We have taken the TIME to build those bonds.
Which proves that
1) I have made an intentional typo to catch people like you, hah!
Why waste your time?
2) You have bothered to read the message which should have made you think. It seems that some people take my general criticizing of UPS's strategy very personally. As I mentioned before I do not criticize drivers, I actually think they may be the only ones trying to do something here.
Intentionally or unintentionally, you aren't criticizing UPS, because the company isn't on the front lines doing the work. The drivers are. And yes we take that personally.

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
You aren't criticizing UPS, because the company isn't on the front lines doing the work. The drivers are. And yes we take that personally.

I have vented, I have jeered and I have trolled, and I managed to offend most everyone on this forum.

Those of you who have taken it very personally - I'm glad you care. At least someone is proud of their work.

I'm not an expert in UPS planning but I plan things in another domain for a living. Sometimes my company fails too, monumentally, even if the "rank and file" do their job thoroughly. Then the executives are shuffled around or promoted to other positions. Few are pushed out. They don't blame it on the weather (they can't), they find some other excuses.

dilligaf - fine, you convinced me to give up my claim to a gift certificate. For a moment I thought that if I asked for one of a public discussion forum I will get it, together with an apology from the CEO of course. Silly me, so gullible!

P

pickup

I remember an episode of the original star trek where a negative energy force kept pitting klingons and humans against each other on the enterprise. It fed off the antagonism. Kirk figured out if klingons and humans laughed together , it would flee the starship and it did. Might I suggest we laugh and stop responding to this lonely troll's posts and then perhaps he'll gravitate to some u tube video where he can post there?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I remember an episode of the original star trek where a negative energy force kept pitting klingons and humans against each other on the enterprise. It fed off the antagonism. Kirk figured out if klingons and humans laughed together , it would flee the starship and it did. Might I suggest we laugh and stop responding to this lonely troll's posts and then perhaps he'll gravitate to some u tube video where he can post there?
I'll do the best I can but so far I've only managed a chuckle...maybe a chortle.

P

pickup

As a matter of fact, the frequency, the tone, and the utter manicness of his postings remind me of the guy who upsed his passport. Funny how that guy just finished posting and this guy shows up immediately afterwards

BigFatRat

big louse mouse

That's what I'd call a positive attitude.

Not that I want to antagonize the forum on purpose but I am a bit surprised that no one would recognize any sort of shortcomings on the part of the company when it is criticized, and the blame is ascribed exclusively to bad weather and the fact that some streets have not been cleared. And to me being a whining troll. Surely it can't be all good and jolly in UPS land, right?

I apologize if you were really, really offended. That whole "gift certificate" thing was an attempt to pull a Captain Kirk-like maneuver. Oh, how I failed. I'll go to youtube now, I promise.

PS - I can guarantee you my passport is in safe hands. No connection here. I'm just waiting for some car parts.

Re-Raise

" Blame it on the weather" like that is some excuse we just made up. I love it when some clown says "it doesn't look that bad to me" from the comfort of their home or office.

We have gone out to try and deliver at my center every day of the 23 years I have worked here regardless of the weather.

I feel for the employees in that part of the country and what they are dealing with. I read some of Soberups posts and I know they are doing everything they can.

Just cuddle up under a blanket and whine BigFatRat , but just stay out of the working mans way.

P

pickup

Hey biglousemouse, - Those who don't work expect everything else to work. Know what I am sayin'? (I can't seem to follow pickup's advice on not feeding the troll)

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
It sounds like BFR's issue lies with the State of Washington. They are the one who clear the roads to allow us Professional Drivers, do our jobs. Every center in the U.S. is equipped to handle the influx of volume during peak. Give me an example of any other job where you are expected to do 16 hrs worth of work in 10 hrs during sometimes near blizzard conditions- and do it without Accident or Injury! It's unfortunate that you have not got your package, but it's certainly not because UPS doesn't have the logistics to do so.

BigFatRat

big louse mouse
Hey biglousemouse, - Those who don't work expect everything else to work. Know what I am sayin'? (I can't seem to follow pickup's advice on not feeding the troll)

Hey,I like 'biglousemouse' and added it to my profile. I would pay you royalties, but since I don't work and trolling doesn't pay, I'll have to leave it at that and only give you credit for it.

You real men can do the real work if you want. I'll cozy up under my blanket. Unfortunately I have to work outside in the dreadful cold too but now I can blame it on UPS - my car won't work because of you. Ok, ok, I retract the joke, don't get offended more than you already have.

Re-Raise

Someone on here said we are one of the few jobs where you look at the clock and wish you had more time left in the day to do your job.

That applies to management as well as hourlies. We all just work on such a tight schedule that when we can't run at full speed you just can't stay ahead of the incoming pkgs.

I wish someone with his attitude would have rolled up to me two days ago after I had driven on black ice for 11 hours.