How far in the hierarchy does the incompetence spread?

Aiken

Just a Customer
This is pretty interesting reading.

No real comments on the actual problem. I did that elsewhere.

I do want to say that you regular guys need to understand that you don't need to be so defensive. I'd be very surprised if there's any single customer who thinks the drivers or the people who load the trucks or the people who sort are even remotely responsible for the situation. Relax, nobody's mad at you. They do appreciate your efforts, even if saying so isn't top priority at the moment.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's almost like you're indirectly taking the blame by defending yourselves from assumed blame. You shouldn't do that. You're not to blame, so you shouldn't bother trying to defend against it. I know you want to defend your company, but you shouldn't be standing in the line of fire like that when your lives are already rough at the moment.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
See post in other thread.

help was offered, no information was forthcoming, all we hear from you is the same crap over and over, wasted our time thus far, what do you suspect?

Very typical of trolls.

d

Aiken

Just a Customer
Er, dannyboy, if you're talking to me, I think you misread my post. I was suggesting that you guys on the front lines should assume we don't blame you, regardless of who we do blame, and thus there's no need to defend yourselves. I was trying to be supportive. I'm certainly not trolling.

If you weren't talking to me, then disregard this. :)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
OK, here's the deal;

We have a building that is physically capable of processing 250,000 pkgs per day. When the snow hit, during the busiest week of the year, the drivers were simply unable to deliver 100,000 of the 250,000 pkgs that were dispatched. So the next day, you have 250,000 NEW packages coming in ON TOP of the 100,000 left over from the day before. Repeat this process for a week and all the sudden you have over half a MILLION undelivered packages crammed into every nook and cranny of the building. There were simply too many cubic feet of parcels for us to cope with. There are somply not enough drivers, not enough rental trucks and not enough parking spots for those trucks to handle what wound up snowballing into 700% of our normal delivery volume.

To the original poster; Im sorry you didnt get your package. As a driver on the front lines of all this mess, I can assure you that we did every thing in our power to get the packages delivered. I am quite frequently critical of our management, but in this instance I can say that, given the weather, the roads and the timing, there simply wasnt a whole lot more that could have been done. It was the "perfect storm", hitting us at the absolute worst concievable time when we are already stretched to the breaking point.

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have an idea on how to clean up in the seattle area, if it hasnt been done already.

I would rerun all the packages through the building, since we have all the data and basically know were the packages are going. Sort areas in to trailers this way all the addresses in that trailer will get their packages at one time instead of one here and one there. Send the drivers out with his business stops and half of his residential area today, and the other half tomorrow.

As it is now you have areas that have not seen a driver for some time, while other areas have seen the driver just about every day. I believe that sacrificing one day in an area would help clean this mess up quicker and in less time with less stops.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There was an incident where a driver was taking pictures of the chaos of the amount of packages and how mountains of packages were positioned around our center. The supe and the center manager confronted this driver and said no pictures are to be taken of this situation for fear of it being posted online. In the presence of the center manager,LP and various supe's his pics were "deleted".