How Far Will Bleeding Purple Really Get YOU In This Company These Days ?

franknitty

Do you bleed purple ? In layman's terms: Are you a sellout ? Have you sold your soul to Fred S ? If you are, how's that working at for you these days ?

On a lighter note, if you're working a 2nd and/or 3rd job to due the reduction of hours at FedEx, don't forget this company frowns upon their employees who engage in moonlighting. There use to be a section in the employee handbook regarding employees who moonlight, basically telling them that your FIRST Responsibility is to FEDEX, not your 2nd or 3rd employer ! I've heard so many managers throughout the years (and I've had close to 20 ops mngrs) say to a full-time employees, "If you're full-time at FedEx WE OWN YOU ! At the rate things are going at Express, management will be saying the same thing to part-timers in the very near future !

In closing: If "Bleeding Purple" is what makes your boat float, then have at it ! Your reward for this action will be as followed, but not limited to: Your overtime being cut or eliminated, your route being dissolved, warning letters, OLCCs for too many gaps on the report, driving a FedEx truck while WORKING in a break code (code 13) and a occasional cookout to boost your morale if you go "Fetch" when management tells you to. So be a good FedEx doggie and "rollover" for your master: Fred S !

This thread only applies to those employees who believe bleeding purple and selling your soul to the devil is the best route to go ! LOL

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think this should apply for the OPS managers also, they are going to be getting smoked left and right now too.
You are going to be seeing extreme back stabbing and double crossing in a "survivor" like way, might as well find some amusement in our coming mutual destruction.

franknitty

I think this should apply for the OPS managers also, they are going to be getting smoked left and right now too.
You are going to be seeing extreme back stabbing and double crossing in a "survivor" like way, might as well find some amusement in our coming mutual destruction.

I agree, especially with the newest managers. It is cutthroat territory between some managers at our station, as well.

Goldilocks

Well lets see, this job puts food on our tables and a roof over our heads. You should be THANKFUL. Be Thankful for a Job that has consistantly PAID YOU WEEKLY, given you HEALTH BENIFITS, 401K PLAN, RETIREMENT(Most Companies do not offer this) PAID VACATION. Need I say more? I am PROUD to be a part of the FEDEX TEAM.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well lets see, this job puts food on our tables and a roof over our heads. You should be THANKFUL. Be Thankful for a Job that has consistantly PAID YOU WEEKLY, given you HEALTH BENIFITS, 401K PLAN, RETIREMENT(Most Companies do not offer this) PAID VACATION. Need I say more? I am PROUD to be a part of the FEDEX TEAM.
OMFG. Do you and the other shill share a desk? So obvious....and so pathetic.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Well lets see, this job puts food on our tables and a roof over our heads. You should be THANKFUL. Be Thankful for a Job that has consistantly PAID YOU WEEKLY, given you HEALTH BENIFITS, 401K PLAN, RETIREMENT(Most Companies do not offer this) PAID VACATION. Need I say more? I am PROUD to be a part of the FEDEX TEAM.[/QUOTE

Actually, 89% of companies offer a 401k retirement plan

401khelpcenter.com - Benchmark Your 401k

franknitty

I was just wondering, "Is management for you" ? Are you an ASPIRE candidate ? Or is your morale high because your station had a cookout today ?

Goldilocks

Must be one of those new LEAD ON program checks, and Goldilocks score one. Just enough to buy another bowl of "Purple Porridge" from the Whole Food store, huh Goldilucks ?

Cute, not a chance, many believe that the sales team should handle sales, not the couriers. Just say no thanks...Its got nothing to do with what Fedex has done for ALL of us...

Goldilocks

It's like reading the transcript to an episode of Frontline.

Really, I thought you said you are on the brink of poverty? Does this job provide you with food and shelter? You dont appreciate whats in front of you? Maybe YOU should participate in the LEAD ON program to help build some cash flow.

Goldilocks

Well lets see, this job puts food on our tables and a roof over our heads. You should be THANKFUL. Be Thankful for a Job that has consistantly PAID YOU WEEKLY, given you HEALTH BENIFITS, 401K PLAN, RETIREMENT(Most Companies do not offer this) PAID VACATION. Need I say more? I am PROUD to be a part of the FEDEX TEAM.[/QUOTE

Actually, 89% of companies offer a 401k retirement plan

401khelpcenter.com - Benchmark Your 401k

Noticed I placed a comma in between 401k and Retirement.

Goldilocks

I was just wondering, "Is management for you" ? Are you an ASPIRE candidate ? Or is your morale high because your station had a cookout today ?

You dont know what I do for Fedex...Unhappy with somethings, of course, but I will not allow that to steal my joy.

snackdad

Reading your reply, I can hear the theme song from The Waltons playing softly in the backround... or is that Little House on the Prairie....

Franknitty, you forgot to mention that the cookout is potluck. Sorry FedEx can't afford pink slime burgers and hotdogs again this year, and you are lucky enough to have your sweaty manager cook them!

franknitty

Fedex offers us to participate in a 401k plan to save money. Fedex also offers us a Retirement Portable Pension Plan. May not be great but better than most.

Did I hear someone say "Portable Pension Plan" ? I hope I can say this here: LMFAO ! You'd be better off opening yourself (and your spouse, if you have one) a Roth IRA and invest in the mutual funds of you choice. Portable ? OMG !! Were you around when a Traditional Pension existed ?