How FOX news distorts a story to keep the drones in line....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Department of Justice documents show that James Rosen's parent's home phone records were seized in an investigation into Rosen's reporting activity.

So what he tells Parent #1 & Parent #2 is dangerous to National Security ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Department of Justice documents show that James Rosen's parent's home phone records were seized in an investigation into Rosen's reporting activity.

So what he tells Parent #1 & Parent #2 is dangerous to National Security ?

Absolutely. It matters not how he manipulated the phones to obtain confidential information. It wasnt suppose to be done. PAYING state department officials for national security secrets is illegal.

Peace

TOS

BrownArmy

Online, I read the BBC, CNN, NYTimes, Washington Post, and several others.

I get the WSJ delivered daily.

For fun, I watch FOX and MSNBC on the Telly, but not very often (from my perspective, these two are different sides of the same coin, and the coin is ridiculous).

While driving the big brown truck, I listen to NPR (it's the least histrionic, and even with the 'schweddy-balls' aspect of public radio:

'schweddy-balls'

it's the most 'fair and balanced' news source I've found).

I only listen to Rushbo when driving very long distances... maybe it's 'entertainment', but it's definitely NOT journalism, news, or anything close.

Like water, we all tend to find our lowest point...if you hate Obama, you likely identify with FOX. If you hated Bush, you probably love MSNBC, etc...

In my Sci-Fi imagination, journalists should be like Priests...they should be held to very high standards, they should be accountable, and you should be able to trust what you hear.

That's not the case, and now, everyone with a web-cam and an agenda is a 'journalist'.

So, here we are!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Absolutely. It matters not how he manipulated the phones to obtain confidential information. It wasnt suppose to be done. PAYING state department officials for national security secrets is illegal.

Peace

TOS

But how else is barry going to learn about what his administration is doing ?

BrownArmy

P.S. when the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are pillorying the Prez (comedy/satire, yet somehow more journalistic than FOX/MSNBC), the shark has been officially been jumped.

Fonzie_Jumps_the_Shark_by_TheAbbsMan.jpg

wkmac

But without the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, the larger media narrative couldn't claim it's objective, fair and balanced. Even Stewart and Colbert will lead you right back to the point of the problem and present it as conclusion if you follow it all the way out. Having no where else to go, you just repeat the cycle once again. Rat in a cage.

But I do find Stewart a funnier journey so it's not all bad!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They pillory........why isn't theirs "hate" ?...........
Is it because they've gone to clown college?

YES they have. Unlike those at FOX NEWS or Right wing radio. Lets start with FOX NEWS... BILL ORIELLY is the only one with a higher education and a college degree. Sean Hannity dropped out of college after briefly attending in his freshman year. Rush Limbaugh barely made it out of high school and has NO higher education. Mark Steyn who fills in for RUSH and appears on FOX news has no formal higher education.

These men ramble on everyday as if they are the most intelligent people in the country, yet NOT one of them is qualified to speak on serious issues of this country. What they do is read prepared remarks by the heritage foundation and put thier own "spin" on those talking points everyday.

They do not do any of their own research and merely rely on the information supplied by the heritage foundation.

To their fans, these men are the smartest men in town, but only the foolish will listen to fools.

Peace

TOS

quamba 638

goes to show you, lefties only want to be spoon feed what they want to hear.

Here's a fun site to answer all your questions about FOX NEWS LIES...

The "news" channel that photoshops pictures to make crowds look bigger at orielly rallies, hannity rallies, glen beck rallies and ROMNEY rallies....

The "news" channel that went to court and argued that it was OK to lie on the air because the first amendment guarantees them that right. The channel that DISTORTS every story it can get its hands on because Old white people "like it that way".

Fox News Lies

Peace

TOS

Can you post a link with National Enquirer lies?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I must defend the Nt'l Enquirer........I read it every week........the fantastic stories turn out to be true.....John Edwards comes to mind!!

texan

FOX news has been all over the "phone records" seizures of reporters and the "STORY" to FOX news is an abuse of power by the administration. The drones go along with this type of "reporting" even though its not the truth.

The best example is this.

First, FOX reports that the OBAMA administration SPIED on its reporter James Rosen by getting his phone records. They go on an on about an abuse of power and a loss of freedom, blah blah blah...BUT, the real story is completely different than this.

FOX NEWS VERSION:

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report

But the REAL STORY IS SIMPLE. ROSEN BROKE THE LAW!
Fox News Reporter James Rosen May Face Criminal Charges for Reporting on the CIA

James Rosen will possibly face criminal charges for leaking confidential national security information to the public.

WHY does FOX do such a thing? Oh wait, I know, they are fair and balanced.

Peace

TOS
hmmmmm..

U.S. Attorney Investigating Fox News Donated to Obama

The US Attorney for the District of Columbia, Ronald C. Machen – the man responsible for the aggressive
surveillance and phone record scrutiny at Fox News – is also a big donor to the Obama Campaigns.

At the time of his appointment, the Washington Post wrote a profile on Machen including this tidbit:
Over the years, he has donated $4,350 to Obama’s campaigns. He gave $250 to Obama’s U.S. Senate
campaign in 2003, a year before Obama, then an Illinois state senator, emerged on the nation’s political
radar, according to campaign finance records

During the questioning Sen. Cornyn revealed that not only was Machen a donor to the Obama campaign, he
was also a volunteer for Obama for America.

Upsmule

YES they have. Unlike those at FOX NEWS or Right wing radio. Lets start with FOX NEWS... BILL ORIELLY is the only one with a higher education and a college degree. Sean Hannity dropped out of college after briefly attending in his freshman year. Rush Limbaugh barely made it out of high school and has NO higher education. Mark Steyn who fills in for RUSH and appears on FOX news has no formal higher education.

These men ramble on everyday as if they are the most intelligent people in the country, yet NOT one of them is qualified to speak on serious issues of this country. What they do is read prepared remarks by the heritage foundation and put thier own "spin" on those talking points everyday.

They do not do any of their own research and merely rely on the information supplied by the heritage foundation.

To their fans, these men are the smartest men in town, but only the foolish will listen to fools.

Peace

TOS

Common sense doesn't need a peice of paper. You don't need a degree to see reality and know the truth. "These men ramble on daily" and SLAUGHTER left wing-nut drones in their ratings regardless if its radio or cable network news.....but we still have a two term Marxist in the White House because only those with enough common sense to think for themselves get out to vote for Congressional elections. The truly brain dead and willfully clueless show up in droves to vote for a spokesman. A puppet that sits at the head of a long long table of handlers. Ah, thats so smart of most Americans. :P

Upsmule

hmmmmm..

The US Attorney for the District of Columbia, Ronald C. Machen – the man responsible for the aggressive
surveillance and phone record scrutiny at Fox News – is also a big donor to the Obama Campaigns.

At the time of his appointment, the Washington Post wrote a profile on Machen including this tidbit:
Over the years, he has donated $4,350 to Obama’s campaigns. He gave $250 to Obama’s U.S. Senate
campaign in 2003, a year before Obama, then an Illinois state senator, emerged on the nation’s political
radar, according to campaign finance records

During the questioning Sen. Cornyn revealed that not only was Machen a donor to the Obama campaign, he
was also a volunteer for Obama for America.

Exactly.....nothing biased about that though, noooooo.

Racist hypocrites.