How hard is Integrad?

TunnelMan

I've been working with UPS (preload) for about 3 years and finally got called to be a Full Time Driver after signing a bidlist. I passed my road test and completed my physical learned my 10 point commentary and the 5 seeing habits word for word. I'm kind of familiar with the DIAD IV & V since I worked as a driver helper last year. My question is How hard is Integrad? I'm going to the Mckinney one and people are telling me that the fail rate is horrible... If anyone has been to integrad please tell me what it's like. Some one told me they are strict and they just tightened the leash a few months ago. I leave this Sunday. PLEASE!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was lucky enough to not have to go to integrad so I dont know first hand how difficult it is, but I dont think it's quite as bad as everyone thinks. One guy I work with who everyone thought would fail for sure ended up passing.

Just know your 5 and 10 word for word and do your absolute best while your in school and you should do fine. Good luck!

PT Car Washer

We had a driver go to Chicago and they failed him on the last day for starting the package car before fastening his seat belt. Sis months later he retook the course at home and passed.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a driver go to Chicago and they failed him on the last day for starting the package car before fastening his seat belt. Sis months later he retook the course at home and passed.
Amazing to see the difference between Integrad and the local classes. If you know your 5&10 and don't crash on the road test you pass around here.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
and you don't even need to shine your shoes or iron your uniform?
When I took the class the only policy was to not look like a bum. Since I was management I had to wear a button up and tie though. I didn't even get my browns until the morning of the first day I drove.

TunnelMan

Amazing to see the difference between Integrad and the local classes. If you know your 5&10 and don't crash on the road test you pass around here.
That's what most of the seniors here at the FTW hub say to me. Like they just handed them the keys and said "Here's the keys just don't crash"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've been working with UPS (preload) for about 3 years and finally got called to be a Full Time Driver after signing a bidlist. I passed my road test and completed my physical learned my 10 point commentary and the 5 seeing habits word for word. I'm kind of familiar with the DIAD IV & V since I worked as a driver helper last year. My question is How hard is Integrad? I'm going to the Mckinney one and people are telling me that the fail rate is horrible... If anyone has been to integrad please tell me what it's like. Some one told me they are strict and they just tightened the leash a few months ago. I leave this Sunday. PLEASE!
Party
All night party Saturday! Let it rip!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Integrad is only as "hard" as you make it. Memorize 8 10 and 5's. Drive like a professional. Be on time every day. It's not too hard.

On the other hand, the actual job - full-time driving, it's somewhat difficult and takes practice and repetition. Applying what you learn in integrad is more important than the information you are fed.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?

It's easy you'll pass as long as you learn to use the diad correctly and manage not to hit anything with the stick shift trucks.

Remember verbatim your 5 & 10 on all your tests and you'll be fine.

Arch

Honesty I would have much prefer going to integrad over the dumb local class I took because in integrad they actually do a much better job of teaching and preparing you the methods when you go out there for the first time. In my local class I didn't learn :censored2: that actually matters and all I did was sit on the computer reading and answering those safety questions. That was like 90% of the work. You barely go outside to drive and barely get any hands on training for the diad too.

Integrad teaches you the touch points of how to get in and out of the truck. How to start and stop the vehicle quickly. The stuff that actually matters. They even run live test course where you actually drive to deliver.

BrownTexas

Our center has bad performance at the McKinney integrad only because we are sending people who are dumber than a box of rocks. They aren't taking the seriousness of a $100k is on the line so knowing this information shouldn't be taken lightly. If you already know it and can actually drive, you will be fine.

TunnelMan

Our center has bad performance at the McKinney integrad only because we are sending people who are dumber than a box of rocks. They aren't taking the seriousness of a $100k is on the line so knowing this information shouldn't be taken lightly. If you already know it and can actually drive, you will be fine.
Thank you. This just took a load worry off of me.