How hard is Integrad?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Honesty I would have much prefer going to integrad over the dumb local class I took because in integrad they actually do a much better job of teaching and preparing you the methods when you go out there for the first time. In my local class I didn't learn :censored2: that actually matters and all I did was sit on the computer reading and answering those safety questions. That was like 90% of the work. You barely go outside to drive and barely get any hands on training for the diad too.

Integrad teaches you the touch points of how to get in and out of the truck. How to start and stop the vehicle quickly. The stuff that actually matters. They even run live test course where you actually drive to deliver.
Don't forget they teach you how to "Walk like a Duck"
LMAO

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Perhaps, I've been around too long, it was a road test a couple of days of classes and a couple of days with a sup on the road. 26 years still can't recite the mantra verbatim.

TunnelMan

Minimum, you should wake up, hung over, two hookers in the bed, and a new tattoo you don't remember getting!
I didn't wake up next to two hookers... I would have loved that. Instead I somehow found myself sleeping on top of my AK with Tamale wrappers surrounding me last night.

MendozaJ

For me, it was six days. Lots of computer training. Repeat the lessons until you pass. No problem.

Lots of discussion and bad training videos. Stay awake.

A little DIAD V training (IV no more). You're not even tested on this. You'll have an on road sup the first few days you drive to help you with that. That's not even part of Integrad. You will still have to call for help when you're on your own for a few weeks (months) because it's impossible to cover every scenario.

We still take our road tests with manuals, so practice if you need to. If you're confident in that, they will also focus on pre-trip, checking mirrors, and not starting the engine until everyone's seat belt is on.

The all important is the DOK. Know it.

No one even calls it Integrad. I've only heard it here on browncafe.

TunnelMan

For me, it was six days. Lots of computer training. Repeat the lessons until you pass. No problem.

Lots of discussion and bad training videos. Stay awake.

A little DIAD V training (IV no more). You're not even tested on this. You'll have an on road sup the first few days you drive to help you with that. That's not even part of Integrad. You will still have to call for help when you're on your own for a few weeks (months) because it's impossible to cover every scenario.

We still take our road tests with manuals, so practice if you need to. If you're confident in that, they will also focus on pre-trip, checking mirrors, and not starting the engine until everyone's seat belt is on.

The all important is the DOK. Know it.

No one even calls it Integrad. I've only heard it here on browncafe.

THANK YOU that's what I've been wanting to hear what happens in the training. I'm a bit familiar with the DIAD V I have burned the image of the DOK into my eyes and know them word for word. I got like a 97 on my pretrip when I went to a preclass to prepare us for the school.

1pocket73

No matter what people tell you about integrad,you are going to be stressed about it until it's over and that is exactly what it is designed for.They put pressure on you for a long period of time to see how well you can handle it.It's a weeding process under the guise of a "Training Program of UPS Methods".

You're in this truck for 10 hours dealing with non stop traffic,commit times on air packages,commit times on business deliveries,looking for packages in a horrendous load when you are running behind,getting diad prompts you don't understand, trying to fix your way out of a recording mistake while your boss is calling you to go back and reattempt a delivery that is on the other side of town before 5 o'clock because they close,dealing with angry customers that see you as the problem,passing a house because the numbers jump,getting a pickup thrown at you in the diad that will keep you out for an extra hour because they close soon and you have to break off.

I could go on and on and on and on about the scenarios you will face as a driver.UPS wants to know basically one thing about you.....how well you can handle pressure,period!

El Correcto

god is dead
from what I understand integrad is tougher on people than just the week long driving "school" they use typically before peak to throw a bunch of people into the mix for the holiday rush. That's what a lot of people on this thread seem to be calling integrad.

From what I've heard also you probably won't be given the right material to remember verbatim and will have to restudy the same stuff written differently. Remember to call hr if this is the case and thank them.

I'm genuinely curious how it is seeing as I took the easy week long class before peak hit.

Indecisi0n

After I drove with a sup in the yard for 10 minutes. I was told to report the next day to work. I was given a map, keys and KY jelly. I used all three that day.

UPSER110

I've been working with UPS (preload) for about 3 years and finally got called to be a Full Time Driver after signing a bidlist. I passed my road test and completed my physical learned my 10 point commentary and the 5 seeing habits word for word. I'm kind of familiar with the DIAD IV & V since I worked as a driver helper last year. My question is How hard is Integrad? I'm going to the Mckinney one and people are telling me that the fail rate is horrible... If anyone has been to integrad please tell me what it's like. Some one told me they are strict and they just tightened the leash a few months ago. I leave this Sunday. PLEASE!

I went to Landover MD in 2011. You will be fine, knowing your DOK is probably the hardest thing you should be able to "test" out of it the first day. If you are willing to learn, listen, and show improvement you are golden. Study a little at night if you need to, get some good rest. Polish your shoes, iron your uniforms. Good luck to ya man and have fun, if you need anything let me know.

TunnelMan

No matter what people tell you about integrad,you are going to be stressed about it until it's over and that is exactly what it is designed for.They put pressure on you for a long period of time to see how well you can handle it.It's a weeding process under the guise of a "Training Program of UPS Methods".

You're in this truck for 10 hours dealing with non stop traffic,commit times on air packages,commit times on business deliveries,looking for packages in a horrendous load when you are running behind,getting diad prompts you don't understand, trying to fix your way out of a recording mistake while your boss is calling you to go back and reattempt a delivery that is on the other side of town before 5 o'clock because they close,dealing with angry customers that see you as the problem,passing a house because the numbers jump,getting a pickup thrown at you in the diad that will keep you out for an extra hour because they close soon and you have to break off.

I could go on and on and on and on about the scenarios you will face as a driver.UPS wants to know basically one thing about you.....how well you can handle pressure,period!

That's what a friend of mine told me they try to weed the weaklings out that can't deal with the stress. They are looking for people who won't quit on them if things get hairy.

TunnelMan

I went to Landover MD in 2011. You will be fine, knowing your DOK is probably the hardest thing you should be able to "test" out of it the first day. If you are willing to learn, listen, and show improvement you are golden. Study a little at night if you need to, get some good rest. Polish your shoes, iron your uniforms. Good luck to ya man and have fun, if you need anything let me know.
I am more than willing to Learn, Listen and show improvement man. I leave tomorrow. Thank you guys for the heads up!

UPSER110

That's what a friend of mine told me they try to weed the weaklings out that can't deal with the stress. They are looking for people who won't quit on them if things get hairy.

True, dont stress tho. After repetition the job becomes easier, and once you learn its one stop at a time you will look at the job totally different.