How hard is it in your hub to get on the 9.5

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'm on the 9.5 list with a handful of others in my center of 60+ drivers. Does the center manager lean on us more? Sure does. Does it bother me? Not in the least.

In my experience there are two things you need to strongly consider before you file.

The first, and most important, is that you need to perform your own self-OJS. You need to ask yourself "am I doing the right thing out here?". I've always worked as if I'm being watched. That's the only way you will do the right thing day in and day out without giving it second thought. If you are playing games or doing things that are less than "a fair days work", they're going to catch you once you get on the list.

The other is "how much do I need money?", because your OT will disappear.

Do not, for one second, allow them to bully or harass you about your production once you get on the list. I don't recall which poster here mentioned this recently, but nowhere in the contract is performance addressed.

And for the love of Mary, keep good records. Write everything down. This way, when they try to pull you in to the office to ruffle your feathers you can calmly point to a similar day and ask "why was my performance a problem on this day but my performance on an identical day good enough to not be called in?".

Most of these center manager's are fools. It's like shooting fish in a barrel if you are prepared.

jaker

trolling
I'm on the 9.5 list with a handful of others in my center of 60+ drivers. Does the center manager lean on us more? Sure does. Does it bother me? Not in the least.

In my experience there are two things you need to strongly consider before you file.

The first, and most important, is that you need to perform your own self-OJS. You need to ask yourself "am I doing the right thing out here?". I've always worked as if I'm being watched. That's the only way you will do the right thing day in and day out without giving it second thought. If you are playing games or doing things that are less than "a fair days work", they're going to catch you once you get on the list.

Do not, for one second, allow them to bully or harass you about your production once you get on the list. I don't recall which poster here mentioned this recently, but nowhere in the contract is performance addressed.

And for the love of Mary, keep good records. Write everything down. This way, when they try to pull you in to the office to ruffle your feathers you can calmly point to a similar day and ask "why was my performance a problem on this day but my performance on an identical day good enough to not be called in?".

Most of these center manager's are fools. It's like shooting fish in a barrel if you are prepared.
My sups and center manager are being bullies about it , they rip into your day and question the most common things and discipline you for it

I have cleaned up my route to where there is no time gaps , but I am still over allowed and because of that they say I am going slow , but the part that really pisses me off is I just found out that I cant trust my BA so if I keep pushing the issue it might be real bad

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My sups and center manager are being bullies about it , they rip into your day and question the most common things and discipline you for it

I have cleaned up my route to where there is no time gaps , but I am still over allowed and because of that they say I am going slow , but the part that really pisses me off is I just found out that I cant trust my BA so if I keep pushing the issue it might be real bad
Are we in the same local? Lol

My BA threw out over $500 in triple time for me last year because the company needed time to adjust.

That was just me. The total figure was likely on the 10's of thousands.

Brownslave688

I have to disagree.

9.5 list doesn't mean you need to worry about every second and keep all kinds of records. Just do the job right and ask for a steward if they mention performance.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I ask this because my hub makes it harder then heck , they tear your route apart to find any flaws you make and make up things they can discipline you for that you never knew of

So as of right now out of 70 drivers no one is on the list
you guys are chicken :censored2:tt lol

work safely,by the methods and let them try to find any flawas they want. so long as you arent stealing time you have nothing to fear. GROW A PAIR!

I received a rather large payout a couple of years ago for a number of 9.5 grievances I filed. Ever since then, all I have to do is mention to my sup that I'm considering the 9.5 list again, and my dispatch goes down. I know it won't last forever, but it's nice having the power to do that right now, LOL.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got back on the list as soon as I could after Peak, I'm waiting on a penalty check now. I think everybody should get on the list and file every single chance you can. I don't feel one bit sorry for people that won't stand up for themselves.

jaker

trolling
If you knew me , you know I don't that crap and stand up to the crap they pull

But I can't push to hard knowing that my BA doesn't have my back

They just accused me of stealing time , you know how much 1sec per stop so about 130 sec for the day this is how bad it is right now that they will fire me for 130sec so I don't file 9.5

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our problem is not 9.5-----we rarely if ever have any one even close to going over----our problem is our center manager treating bid drivers like cover drivers, moving them as needed rather than training new drivers. Our BA says that there is little the union can do and tell us to work as directed. Why bother bidding areas if we can be moved as needed?

Our problem is not 9.5-----we rarely if ever have any one even close to going over----our problem is our center manager treating bid drivers like cover drivers, moving them as needed rather than training new drivers. Our BA says that there is little the union can do and tell us to work as directed. Why bother bidding areas if we can be moved as needed?
It's a shame those bid drivers haven't figured out all they have to do is run 2 hours over when forced to cover another route. It sure does make mgmt think twice about pulling them off their bid routes next time. Just saying.

Brownslave688

I don't know about your locals language but in some locals they can only move you so many times before you can flat out refuse.

Also it has to be an emergency to move you. Johnny doesn't know that route isn't an emergency. I would file everytime they moved me but I also understand how it is when the BA won't back you there's just not much you can do.

Brownslave688

If you knew me , you know I don't that crap and stand up to the crap they pull

But I can't push to hard knowing that my BA doesn't have my back

They just accused me of stealing time , you know how much 1sec per stop so about 130 sec for the day this is how bad it is right now that they will fire me for 130sec so I don't file 9.5
This right here is why some start to love this job again once they get to the point that they can walk away at any point.

I hope I have fight left in me at that point because if I were you and that happened I'd bring labor charges against the BA and everything.

jaker

trolling
This right here is why some start to love this job again once they get to the point that they can walk away at any point.

I hope I have fight left in me at that point because if I were you and that happened I'd bring labor charges against the BA and everything.
Yeah it sucks, but hopefully I will be in feeder by the end of the year

Overpaid Union Thug

Not planning on getting into that.

I by no means have the best BA. When you have multiple stewards quit because of side deals on easy cases there's probably a problem. But trust me I'm sure there are much worse out there also.
I'd probably freak out if my hard earned over 9.5 penalty was signed away like that.

By The Book

In some places I heard if the bid guy was forced off his route and the cover driver worked more hours, the bid driver could file for lost wages. Some guys would go home early just to grieve the overtime.