How has UPS screwed you out of a promotion?

How has UPS screwed you out of a raise. I used to be a sorter, then I went on vacation and they decided that they didn't need two sorters. So, instead of being sent off elsewhere to do meaningless work I left the belt for small sort (they didn't need any help in the trucks). Now that I am gone, they decide that they need another sorter up there so there are two in the HVD. I know my job is gone and I can't get it back.

What other ways has UPS screwed y'all over so that I can be able to hopefully spot them next time.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
So, you're saying that you and Scott will never go any higher in the company than you are at currently???

I can understand both cases :-)

Cementups

Box Monkey
I wouldn't really call it a promotion but I was supposed to go to feeder school several years ago and my center manager decided to charge me with an accident that never really happened the day before I was supposed to start.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How has UPS screwed you out of a raise. I used to be a sorter, then I went on vacation and they decided that they didn't need two sorters. So, instead of being sent off elsewhere to do meaningless work I left the belt for small sort (they didn't need any help in the trucks). Now that I am gone, they decide that they need another sorter up there so there are two in the HVD. I know my job is gone and I can't get it back.

What other ways has UPS screwed y'all over so that I can be able to hopefully spot them next time.

I would file a grievance for that, and every hour you worked and lost the $1/hr, since then. That's just me.

I knew a driver once that was promoted to On Car Sup....less than a month later he was fired. That's getting promoted to be fired. The :censored2: fell for it.

some1else

Banned
I was the most senior part timer In line to go into package for 2 years there where zero bid list. But everyyear they would "keep" 2-3 "regtemps" that "became" permanent. The company and ba agreed since i could have signed the reg-temp list but chose not to i did not have any right to bid on thr jobs when they "became permanent". At the tine i didnt reqlly fight it (was working good paying 2nd job) but i really wish i had the extra 2 years of fulltime senority. At least i was already disgrutled before i ever got into ft package gave me a good start!

NY11725

I use to pick off with another cat on one of the belts in my building. Then, they decided they wanted only one pick off on every belt now, so they changed the sort around to make it work. I usually pick off on 2 different belts when either of the two main pick off's don't come in, but if I am needed elsewhere at the same time, since i know the whole bldg, they pull me down to do something else and has someone who I have over a year on pick off when I should be. It happened yesterday. They were short on a diff belt so I loaded while the other guy got to pick off because everyone else seems to refuse to learn any other sort but what they load, and none of the supervisors in force anyone to learn more destinations. If I have seniority to pick off, and the main pick off isnt there...I should be up there regardless of if they are short anywhere else. They should find someone else to fill the spot.. not just make me their buddy* everytime. It's getting old. That' s how they screw me. 2nite I was loading a jax trailer, after 2, i get pulled off to help load orlando..i do 150 pieces there.. then go back to jax and do another trailer 100%. I might as well drop the soap.