How is DRA working at your station?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I did a route Monday that is on DRA. Manager said that because it was a holiday and DRA said the route only had 22 P2 stops that I was to do only P1 and go home, despite me telling him DRA is always wrong on stop counts for the route. No problemo. WAD. Was asked by Dispatch to help the route who ended up with my P2 (47 stops BTW). Sorry, nothing personal, but I was directed to go home. Punched out at 11:15. Found out the next day that two routes split my stops. Both punched out with 11:59 hours, many lates, and Dex 01's. WAD.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I did a route Monday that is on DRA. Manager said that because it was a holiday and DRA said the route only had 22 P2 stops that I was to do only P1 and go home, despite me telling him DRA is always wrong on stop counts for the route. No problemo. WAD. Was asked by Dispatch to help the route who ended up with my P2 (47 stops BTW). Sorry, nothing personal, but I was directed to go home. Punched out at 11:15. Found out the next day that two routes split my stops. Both punched out with 11:59 hours, many lates, and Dex 01's. WAD.

DRA is undoing all of the other money-saving strategies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
^^^ That's funny.
What made it even funnier was that the dispatcher, when questioned by my Sr Mgr about the lates, threw the manager under the bus and let him know I was out there and willing to help, but was directed to go home. Hahahahaha! BTW, there was no repeat of that stupidity yesterday. The manager stayed away from our belt.

!Retired!

Yep, Once they ack "CLR" I don't look at my pwrpd till I'm thru backing into my parking spot.
X2
There are a lot of couriers now that don't even bother clearing...they just RTB. That's how out of control it is right now.
I don't go that far. But, I do start driving back as soon as I send the message. My dispatcher is sloooooow. It's taken as long as 15 minutes to clear. Yes, I could sit there and get paid, but at that point, I just want to leave.

hypo hanna

X2

I don't go that far. But, I do start driving back as soon as I send the message. My dispatcher is sloooooow. It's taken as long as 15 minutes to clear. Yes, I could sit there and get paid, but at that point, I just want to leave.

he was probably busy getting his butt chewed for some driver doing a DEX01 the previous week.

Myort

X2

We were told once that after 10 minutes of sending the message, consider yourself cleared if you do not hear. Then during one of their hours-cutting binges, we were told 5 minutes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I sat in on a courier class earlier this year, and know for a fact that in my district they don't teach delivery methods in class anymore. That being said, at my station, we have a somewhat new courier, about 7 months, who before yesterday had only done PM routes, DRA routes and helped other routes with deliveries. Yesterday he was put on a killer route to run with no DRA. He has had absolutely NO training on setting up a route or how to run a route. He went over 12 hours, had massive lates and brought back over 60 attempted but not delivered packages! His manager says to him, "I hate that you are out on the road with no real training, but there's nothing I can do about it. We're too short handed. I need you to sign a few things." WTF?!?! I told him to sign NOTHING!!

dezguy

The program I suspect is our version of your guys' DRA is iRoads or is going to evolve into DRA anyways. I can remember, when they first brought it in, we were told it was going to cut down on sort times. Our sorts are now longer than ever to the point where UPS and Purolator are getting on road almost an hour and a half sooner than we are. Every time one of our engineers in Toronto comes to our station and tells us something is going to cut down sort times and "we're going to love it", it turns out to be a giant cluster ****.

overflowed

The program I suspect is our version of your guys' DRA is iRoads or is going to evolve into DRA anyways. I can remember, when they first brought it in, we were told it was going to cut down on sort times. Our sorts are now longer than ever to the point where UPS and Purolator are getting on road almost an hour and a half sooner than we are. Every time one of our engineers in Toronto comes to our station and tells us something is going to cut down sort times and "we're going to love it", it turns out to be a giant cluster ****.

Engineer was smoking crack with the mayor of Toronto. That's why the great ideas are backasswards.
images

!Retired!

I sat in on a courier class earlier this year, and know for a fact that in my district they don't teach delivery methods in class anymore. That being said, at my station, we have a somewhat new courier, about 7 months, who before yesterday had only done PM routes, DRA routes and helped other routes with deliveries. Yesterday he was put on a killer route to run with no DRA. He has had absolutely NO training on setting up a route or how to run a route. He went over 12 hours, had massive lates and brought back over 60 attempted but not delivered packages! His manager says to him, "I hate that you are out on the road with no real training, but there's nothing I can do about it. We're too short handed. I need you to sign a few things." WTF?!?! I told him to sign NOTHING!!
How did a PM courier end up on a delivery route? Did he volunteer?
Does the station use DRA? If yes, why did he not get the papers for DRA?
What did the manager want him to sign? From what you said above, the only thing he could have been asked to sign was for going over 12 hours and lates. Though, a simple help message would have covered him for both.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"Set-up to fail". The scenario you described is classic FedEx at it's worst. The courier is put into an impossible situation, does their best, and then they face disciplinary measures, for a management-caused problem. And they wonder why people quit.

hypo hanna

What did the manager want him to sign? From what you said above, the only thing he could have been asked to sign was for going over 12 hours and lates. Though, a simple help message would have covered him for both.
Possibly. A lot of these new drivers don't know to ask for help.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Courier was pm until maybe two weeks ago. They are slowly phasing in DRA with poor results, thus far. No DRA for that route. He sent out multiple help messages. No one responds to help messages anymore. Too worried about their numbers. It's a CYA thing at this point to send out a msg. Waiting for him to get back to me on what she wants him to sign. A senior courier set him up today on the route, gave him some quick training and hints. He smoked it. A simple thing..... Training.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Possibly. A lot of these new drivers don't know to ask for help.

No on the help. As hard as it is to watch someone fail, WAD demands that we allow it to happen as management directed it to happen. If everyone goes running to help;
A. You tank your own numbers...not a good idea.
B. You bail-out management's poor decisions
We all need to just stop helping management escape from the situations they themselves have created. WAD!!!