How Is Part-time Overtime Calculated?

robbdogg75

At our hub, any time after 9:00 a.m. for loaders is overtime. Example: two weeks ago my start time was 4:50am and at 8:30 I was asked to stay late because one of the railheads was late. They made us clock out and bought everyone breakfast (Wendys). I clocked back in at 9:15 and worked till 11. That hour and 45 minutes was given to me as overtime. I asked about it and they said everything after 9 is overtime.

hyena

I believe you also get paid time and a half if they call you in before your scheduled start time.

SoyFish

The one day I worked a double I only got overtime for the time I worked over 8 hours. So about a half hour of overtime.

PTSteward

Part-time UPSers receive overtime (time and one half) after five hours of straight time in any one day of service. However, if you double shift or work as a Helper/Jumper you then receive overtime (time and one half) after eight hours of straight time pay first. For Example: if you work five hours on your shift (lets say the pre-load) and then double shift (lets say the re-load) for another four hours, you have accumulated one hour of overtime. OR if you work six hours on your shift (5 hours of straight time and 1 hour of overtime) then double shift for another four hours you will recieve 3 hours of straight time and 1 hour of overtime for that second shift. To double shift or work as a Helper/Jumper you have to get eight hours at straight time before you receive the overtime pay. Hope this helps!

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
Part-time UPSers receive overtime (time and one half) after five hours of straight time in any one day of service. However, if you double shift or work as a Helper/Jumper you then receive overtime (time and one half) after eight hours of straight time pay first. For Example: if you work five hours on your shift (lets say the pre-load) and then double shift (lets say the re-load) for another four hours, you have accumulated one hour of overtime. OR if you work six hours on your shift (5 hours of straight time and 1 hour of overtime) then double shift for another four hours you will recieve 3 hours of straight time and 1 hour of overtime for that second shift. To double shift or work as a Helper/Jumper you have to get eight hours at straight time before you receive the overtime pay. Hope this helps!

Is this for all supplements? I am in the Southwest Region and have never received OT for over five hours.

PTSteward

It is as far as I know... but, I could be wrong. Your best bet would be to find out who your Union Steward is and ask them directly for clarification in your area. If you don't know who that is call your local Union Hall and they can answer your question and tell you who your steward is. Hope this helps!

UPS Lifer

It is as far as I know... but, I could be wrong. Your best bet would be to find out who your Union Steward is and ask them directly for clarification in your area. If you don't know who that is call your local Union Hall and they can answer your question and tell you who your steward is. Hope this helps!

I was ready to post and you beat me to it. Each supplement may handle OT differently based on what was negotiated at the local level.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Full time won't get overtime until 8 hrs. Part time gets OT after they have met their contracted time, at our ctr it was 3 1/2 hrs (old contract) for preload. I have not looked at the new language for part timers.

Mike Hawk

I get OT after 5 hours in all cases EXCEPT peak helping, then I have to work 8 hours on straight time to get to OT(example, work 8 hours on preload, that’s 5 straight and 3 OT at my normal pay rate then the first 3 hours of driver help are straight time then OT after that). If I help any other time of the year, or double shift any time I get OT after 5.

UPS Lifer

I am out of the Southwest Region Local 396 and we don't get overtime until we work over 8 hours.

I worked in both the 396 and local 63... That was the Western Conference.

California law kicks in and supersedes some of the contract language.

Some of the other locals have a type of penalty clause that allows OT based on what was negotiated in the contract.

So this issue can only be settled based on the local area you work in.