How is peak going so far?

#1angelfan

peak was going good until our power went out this morning. we were down for a hour and a half. i left at 8:30 and the drivers were not even getting ready to leave yet.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hows peak going....hmm...well Im chilling here on my laptop right now posting here, so it must be going pretty well ;)

BTW peak is easier when there's more help available. I look forward to peak, actually. Too easy.

rod

Retired 22 years
How do you work 62 hours? Don't they take you out of service at 59 hrs. and 59 seconds? I was always under the impression the there was one heck of a $$$$$$$ cost to both UPS and yourself from the ICC if you went over 60 hours a week. I was yanked out of my package car several times and driven straight back to the center to punch out when I got too close to 60.

W

westsideworma

How do you work 62 hours? Don't they take you out of service at 59 hrs. and 59 seconds? I was always under the impression the there was one heck of a $$$$$$$ cost to both UPS and yourself from the ICC if you went over 60 hours a week. I was yanked out of my package car several times and driven straight back to the center to punch out when I got too close to 60.

he's in canada I believe, not sure if their regs are the same as ours

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My peak has been going alright so far, although volume is expected to hit the fan by the middle of next week. I usually get off under 9.5, but not today. I had 192 instead of my 135 average the rest of the year. Weather has been great, almost freezing at my 6:30 start time and gets to the high 50s in the afternoon. Its supposed to hit 72 Monday, time to get my shorts back out and show some leg. We are in the middle of a Ketter Audit right now, of all things. I managed to avoid them yesterday, of course they all had gone home early when I got back to the building this afternoon.:raspberry-tounge:

browndude

this past week i had over 3 hours of ot lol i always like peak season cause with all the splits they put in i get off earlier than the rest of the year.

VTBrown

Our peak? I had two days off last week. A driver this week got Thursday and Friday off so I had a route to do.

It's not like that for you guys? ;)

Of course...when I do work it's 11 hour days plus time bonus.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android

As Westside said, yes, I am in Canada. We had a visit from the local Teamsters president this week as he'd been watching the numbers and noticed the long hours we were working and wanted to know if we wanted to file grievances over the excessive overtime. Which was nice, I thought.

But yeah, last night I literally - not kidding - I literally staggered out the door I was so exhausted.

The part that really gets me is that I don't hit top pay rate until January 2008, so all this overtime isn't even worth it really.