How is the weather in your area today?

Indecisi0n

you guys will never believe this one!!! it was a great day even @ 99 degrees! our building gave us ice cold bottled water and they even brought a fully air conditioned trailer for people to chill in at break or to go into if we started feeling too hot. wow it seems the evil empire has a heart after all!!
We got a UPS towel to wipe the sweat away lol.

Re-Raise

In weather like this I take the advice an old time UPSer gave me years ago. He said " I like to start out slow in the morning and then kind of ease it back from there."

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
about 73, but it took my car a few minutes to cool down. it was brutal, the black leather was cooking. :)

haha, no seriously, I got to help a customer set up their worldship system in a warehouse that generated extra heat. i have nothing but respect for you guys out there on days like today.

i told a driver when they were leaving to stay cool, and he said days like today (and when it snows) are why he gets paid the big bucks. said today was his superbowl. it was great.

Re-Raise

outside 95, back of truck 135 feels like working in a a oven.

I know we all like to complain and about the stupid things that we have to endure from corporate, and believe me I have seen my share.

But I have to admit I was thinking today how great PAS/EDD is. I remember when you used to spend so much time in the back of the package car just trying to figure out where you were going next and trying not to miss any packages for your bulk stops.

The list of stops and how many packages for each, has really cut down on the time I spend in the oven and today I was really grateful for that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
But I have to admit I was thinking today how great PAS/EDD is. I remember when you used to spend so much time in the back of the package car just trying to figure out where you were going next and trying not to miss any packages for your bulk stops.
The list of stops and how many packages for each, has really cut down on the time I spend in the oven and today I was really grateful for that.

It seems like I spend more time in the back of my truck because of PAS/EDD looking for boxes that my preloader loaded on somebody else's package car.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It seems like I spend more time in the back of my truck because of PAS/EDD looking for boxes that my preloader loaded on somebody else's package car.
Yea, especially when half the truck you dont even recognize. And on one of the hottest days in decades, you have to try to figure out what is a business, whats safe to deliver late, and when the heck can you take a break.
And who is going to yell in the am, when you did your god honest best. So fulfilling.

bigbrownhen

100 here today, no idea what the heat index was, I try not to watch the weather this time of year. Don't really want to know. Supposed to be in the upper 90s all next week. There is a slight breeze once in awhile.

I just tell myself, at least Im not roofing, paving, or fieldwork(hay). Statement from a friend of mine who has a son overseas as well: "our boys are in 100+ degree heat, wearing armor, getting shot at and dodgeing roadside bombs." Yea, we got it rough, but there are worse situations.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
100 here today, no idea what the heat index was, I try not to watch the weather this time of year. Don't really want to know. Supposed to be in the upper 90s all next week. There is a slight breeze once in awhile.

I just tell myself, at least Im not roofing, paving, or fieldwork(hay). Statement from a friend of mine who has a son overseas as well: "our boys are in 100+ degree heat, wearing armor, getting shot at and dodgeing roadside bombs." Yea, we got it rough, but there are worse situations.
Amen to that, and we get paid a whole lot more to throw cardboard.

satellitedriver

Amen.

ibleedbrown

We had a bunch of call ins today, I'm on break Chilling in the air-conditioning of a trailer! Working twice as hard today but its alright because I'm on vacation next week! Looking forward to some ice cold brews after work!