How is your peak season this year?

L

Loufan

It's been alright, Today was really slow compared to last Sunday. Had 7 hours last sunday compared to 4 tonight. Our start time for this week seems to be pushed back a lot compared to last week. I'm hoping for a heavy Friday at least where I get overtime all day.

jenniferlynn

This will be my 4th peak experience...right now, it really doesn't feel like peak. But I know in the next coming days/weeks it's sure gonna feel like it then!! It was really cold out there today!! I think we have WAY TOO MANY new-hires. Haven't seen that in past peaks...too many peeps standing around with their hands in the pockets....

screamin chicken

I have been running 175-200 for the last 3 weeks with them cutting routes. I had 215 Fri. and I have been getting off between 6-8 with only being off by 8 2 times.....

born2Bwild

In my center we are extremely busy. Not so much the volume but bad dispatching. Its weird ! I think the dispatcher is a good man but I hate the decisions he makes.

brownrod

We got slammed early last week. One day had more volume than they predicted for peak day. Since thanksgiving we've added about 10 routes in a 40somthing route building. I'm enjoying it. I've done several routes so far this peak. I like learning new areas especially when they're 90% + residential. And the trace in EDD is not completely friend'd up.

I expect the first couple weeks of January to be more insane that what I've seen so far this peek.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, I can't tell the differance. Start time the same, finish time the same. Still handle 8 trailers a night. Still only getting 42 hours a week.

over9five

Staff member
....and a little over 10 today. Good, OT for Peak. I am bidding back to Package at the bid. Can't afford zero OT 11 months of the year. I don't even like OT, but c'mon, gimme a few hours a week....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Can you say hammered? The bean counters in HBG are still cutting routes every day. 186 today with only 24 in town.

Volume is there it's just so much of it is now going to the USPS thanks to the new basic 85 service. We have lost 5 to 6 runs in our center. Full time drivers have lost there run and are now working as jumpers and load/sort.
I have never seen anything like it in 25+ years. It should be a concern to everyone. Just how much of our work is UPS willing to give away?

The question might be how much of the work are you willing to give to fedex ground?:dissapointed:

DS

Fenderbender
....and a little over 10 today. Good, ot for peak. i am bidding back to package at the bid. can't afford zero ot 11 months of the year. I don't even like ot, but c'mon, gimme a few hours a week....
you can't handle package

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I start at the same time. 2 turn-arounds and I'm back to my building. I finish at the same time. 44 hours a week. perfect. If it wasn't for the gypsies coming into the yards I visit I wouldn't even know its peak. LOVE IT!!!!!!

paidover95

To tell you the truth,its my best peak ever!!The feeder route I am on is only about 7 hours a night.I get paid for 8.In at 7 pm.out by 310am.Right now I am loving life at big brown.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
Our peak started last week thanks to Cyber Monday. Our start time went from 4ish to 2:30 am. Our volume went up about 300% Extra runs, new hires, lots of moves at the end of the sort. I LOVE PEAK! Would love it more if I could drive.