How is your station handling 4th of July this year?

Rhoderunner

Same here, holiday pay added in to that weeks check. I guess it's to much work to throw us a floater to use some where else :mad:

Artee

Yes you will be working the 3rd and getting paid on the 4th. You will also have the option of taking an unpaid day 30 days before the holiday and within 90 days after the holiday. You can still get your day off if you want it. The pay for that day will be on the 4th though.

fedex_rtd

Just remember if you want to take an unpaid day, and use it latter you MUST work the day before and the day after to do so...Friday and Monday in this case.

I had to fight this years ago when Christmas fell on a weekend.

I expect a LOT of miss information to be passed down from managment before this is done.

Yes you will be working the 3rd and getting paid on the 4th. You will also have the option of taking an unpaid day 30 days before the holiday and within 90 days after the holiday. You can still get your day off if you want it. The pay for that day will be on the 4th though.
Artee,thnx.for the reply. Does this apply in
california?

MAKAVELI

Just remember if you want to take an unpaid day, and use it latter you MUST work the day before and the day after to do so...Friday and Monday in this case.

I had to fight this years ago when Christmas fell on a weekend.

I expect a LOT of miss information to be passed down from managment before this is done.
Both you are in rtd. Never heard this policy for us couriers.

Artee

Management will only give you half the story and say you are getting paid on the 4th and isn't that great because you will be getting paid an extra day that week. They don't mention that you are also entitled to have a day off within the next 90 days. Its not a state specific thing. Its company policy in P&P. The 4th is a paid day off. Most are already off on Saturday, so you are not getting an extra day off like if it fell during the week. So you are entitled to the pay(which they are giving you on the 4th) and an extra day off(which they are not trying to give you since it falls on a Saturday). I would image if you are a Saturday driver you would not get the future day off since they are giving you Saturday off with pay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Management will only give you half the story and say you are getting paid on the 4th and isn't that great because you will be getting paid an extra day that week. They don't mention that you are also entitled to have a day off within the next 90 days. Its not a state specific thing. Its company policy in P&P. The 4th is a paid day off. Most are already off on Saturday, so you are not getting an extra day off like if it fell during the week. So you are entitled to the pay(which they are giving you on the 4th) and an extra day off(which they are not trying to give you since it falls on a Saturday). I would image if you are a Saturday driver you would not get the future day off since they are giving you Saturday off with pay.

Policy. Management will try and sell it as a perk and try and get everyone off the clock early on the 3rd because nearly everyone will be a Code 8 on the delivery cycle and there will be few pickups.