How is your station handling 4th of July this year?

DontThrowPackages

Policy. Management will try and sell it as a perk and try and get everyone off the clock early on the 3rd because nearly everyone will be a Code 8 on the delivery cycle and there will be few pickups.
See how in loved they've become with over scheduling staff during holiday weeks only to walk up and down the belt asking for volunteers to go home after 1 or 2 hours on the clock? This was never the way but with so many willing to go home without even asking for their minimum pay for the day the company gets out of 8 free hours.

Slick silver

That Friday will be mostly residential deliveries and very few business deliveries like Walmart and such. I feel bad for the 4 x 10 routes if we do run because they will have to sit around for hours waiting of pups. New Year's Eve was like that for me as a swing. The good thing that day was I was doing a route close to home and just sat and took a break at home for 2 hrs. I figure since I'm a swing, come July 3rd regardless I don't think I'm going to have the option to take a unpaid day and not work since a lot of the vets will take a unpaid or just use a personal or vacation day.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
This

Attachments

• 1427602878172.jpg
    1427602878172.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 179

fedex_rtd

Yes, I think that's the company plan. Employees will be scheduled Friday and Monday with a holiday payout on the Friday week.
I STRONGLY suspect what will happen is that volume will be down the second part of this week, as the end of month rush was the previous week, delivery will be heavy Monday and Tuesday.

What the company will try to do is have as few employees working on the 3rd, remember if you do not work on the 3rd, you will not get paid for it, but you will get holiday pay on the 4th.

If you are trying to do what Artee and I suggest and are trying to do at our locations, you will have to fight to make sure you work on the 3rd.

The company will try to have it both ways and screw you over anyway that they can.

Goldilocks

I took the week of the 4th off. How will this affect me? Sorry, can't remember, it's been year's since the 4th landed on a Saturday.

Artee

What the company will try to do is have as few employees working on the 3rd, remember if you do not work on the 3rd, you will not get paid for it, but you will get holiday pay on the 4th.

Its if you call in sick on the 3rd or 6th, then you will not get paid. If FedEx gives you one of those days off with a vacation day, floater, personal, or LWOP you will still get paid for the holiday.

SmithBarney

The only ones who really get hosed are the tu-sat folks.(unless they schedule off that week for vacation)
tu-sat get 4 working days and the holiday
mo-fri get 5 working days and the holiday