How long after background check is usually your first day?

somebodiesgot

Hello, I had an interview a few days ago and I received a call for a job offer. The woman told me they will run a background check and I will receive a call for my first day next week. I'm just wondering how long after the background check goes through do people typically take to start their first day? I was just surprised I didn't have to fill out any forms or anything, just told I will receive a call next week for my first day.

somebodiesgot

Mine took about 3 days.

Basically if you have a pulse and answer yes to the 75lb lift question, you get the job
Yeah well the job is at a terminal as opposed to a hub, I'm happy I got it really. I just thought I would maybe have to fill out forms or something in the mean time, but I guess I have to wait until the background check clears.

upschuck

Now that I think about it, one day is probably all those awful compliance videos we have to watch every year. Almost makes me want to quit.

oldngray

nowhere special
large0.jpg

J

jibbs

Now that I think about it, one day is probably all those awful compliance videos we have to watch every year. Almost makes me want to quit.

Day one for my was about an hour and a half of videos and like another half hour of being walked through the DOK stuff (part-timer).

Next day I had a sup loading three trucks with me. Day after that I had a sup checking up randomly while I loaded four trucks, and the day after that it was pretty much sink or swim.

OP, it's a crap-shoot, man. For me, I filled out an app in August a few years back and showed up at a tour, scheduled a second interview that same week and I was working the next Tuesday (less than two weeks from filling out an app to working in my center).

Some people go through a ridiculously dragged out hiring process, though. It all depends on how badly the location you've applied at is in need of workers.

somebodiesgot

Day one for my was about an hour and a half of videos and like another half hour of being walked through the DOK stuff (part-timer).

Next day I had a sup loading three trucks with me. Day after that I had a sup checking up randomly while I loaded four trucks, and the day after that it was pretty much sink or swim.

OP, it's a crap-shoot, man. For me, I filled out an app in August a few years back and showed up at a tour, scheduled a second interview that same week and I was working the next Tuesday (less than two weeks from filling out an app to working in my center).

Some people go through a ridiculously dragged out hiring process, though. It all depends on how badly the location you've applied at is in need of workers.
Yeah I've read that the hiring process varies time-wise. On the first day did you fill out paperwork too? Wish the background check process was faster. I just need the $$$ asap.

J

jibbs

I filled out paperwork right after my second interview, but I don't remember whether or not I did any paperwork on my first day of actual work.

I don't think I did, other than looking at DOK sheets.