How long did it take to win your first "bid route"

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ASFN, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Grey

Grey Active Member

and how excited were you?
  2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

It took me eight years to get my route which I have had for 20 years. I was very excited because my route was moved to another center close to my home and I was able to follow the work which cut my commute from an hour to 10 minutes if I catch the lights.
  3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Two years.

Any steady route, even if it's crappy, is way better that doing splits!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

About 3 years. Loved it. Never would have left it if it weren't for me getting old!
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

3 years after going FT, we bid every 2. Been bumped off routes by senior drivers 3 times now. Funny thing is I wouldn't go back to any of them now.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Five years, but I passed on it and stayed cover. It was a local university with GORGEOUS women. What the hell was I thinking?
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Almost 10 years now without a route. I had a route for a few years and got bumped.

No reason to bid a crap route just to have a route. At least not for me.
  8. boxwayne

boxwayne New Member

6 years then the route was cut out. It figures I finally was able to bid.
  9. Tired Driver

Tired Driver Sisyphus had it easy.

Two years. Bulked out everyday 9 months out of the year. Would have 30 to 60 COD'S a day. This was back when we still accepted cash. Highest amount I collected was over $63,000. Took over an hour to count back at the center. But I was happy because I was working everyday.
  10. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

From what I recall, about 2-3 years. Only reason I got one was because it was a training route. It was a good route with a small mall on it, and a lot of good people. I would of kept it longer than 2 years if they didn't keep training people on it. At least I knew I was working everyday.
  11. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

First time the biannual bid came around I had a choice of a few crappy routes. I turned it into a decent route in a crappy area.
  12. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

Are any of the runs any good.
  13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Just under 4 years. Kept it 20 years and bid on a country retirement route.
  14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

3 years to get a pretty good route in a bad neighborhood.
  15. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Never heard of this. Around here, once you have a route it's yours to keep. Unless you knew it was a designated training route in advance of the bid. Sounds like a real moral buster what your living with.
  16. jgmagic2000

jgmagic2000 New Member

7 months :)
  17. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

We have drivers that get a permanent route when they go full time.
  18. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

10 years no route. We aren't allowed to bid routes here only start times. I don't mind floating anyway, the change of scenery is nice sometimes
  19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I peed myself.
  20. Areyoukiddinme

Areyoukiddinme best 2 weeks ever

3 years! then the whole city got moved to another center and i chose not follow the route. i took another year and then i got the route i retired on after around 24 years