How long did it take to win your first "bid route"

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It took me eight years to get my route which I have had for 20 years. I was very excited because my route was moved to another center close to my home and I was able to follow the work which cut my commute from an hour to 10 minutes if I catch the lights.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
3 years after going FT, we bid every 2. Been bumped off routes by senior drivers 3 times now. Funny thing is I wouldn't go back to any of them now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Almost 10 years now without a route. I had a route for a few years and got bumped.

No reason to bid a crap route just to have a route. At least not for me.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Two years. Bulked out everyday 9 months out of the year. Would have 30 to 60 COD'S a day. This was back when we still accepted cash. Highest amount I collected was over $63,000. Took over an hour to count back at the center. But I was happy because I was working everyday.

upschuck

From what I recall, about 2-3 years. Only reason I got one was because it was a training route. It was a good route with a small mall on it, and a lot of good people. I would of kept it longer than 2 years if they didn't keep training people on it. At least I knew I was working everyday.

Packmule

3 years after going FT, we bid every 2. Been bumped off routes by senior drivers 3 times now. Funny thing is I wouldn't go back to any of them now.
Never heard of this. Around here, once you have a route it's yours to keep. Unless you knew it was a designated training route in advance of the bid. Sounds like a real moral buster what your living with.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
10 years no route. We aren't allowed to bid routes here only start times. I don't mind floating anyway, the change of scenery is nice sometimes

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
3 years! then the whole city got moved to another center and i chose not follow the route. i took another year and then i got the route i retired on after around 24 years