How long did it take you drivers to become drivers?

Hateworkingaspreload

i just got week 1 of preloading over with and its been rough, felt like quitting after day 3 but I'm gonna grind thru it to become a truck driver. I've talked to some of the drivers and the youngest I've seen was 24, he just became a driver 1.5 years ago and been there since 19 which means it took him 3.5 years..am I really going to have to grind preload for 3.5 years?? I was told by Hr that I could be driver by 21 but after talking to the drivers, I feel like that was bullchit.

jaker

trolling
It was bull to an extent because they are hiring drivers like crazy , but when that is over be prepared for a very long long wait

4.5 years for me to drive

Box Ox

Spotted this on the Vote No on UPS Contract group on Facebook:

11890028_1017801558238400_2422029817952530382_o.jpg

Yep

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
i just got week 1 of preloading over with and its been rough, felt like quitting after day 3 but I'm gonna grind thru it to become a truck driver. I've talked to some of the drivers and the youngest I've seen was 24, he just became a driver 1.5 years ago and been there since 19 which means it took him 3.5 years..am I really going to have to grind preload for 3.5 years?? I was told by Hr that I could be driver by 21 but after talking to the drivers, I feel like that was bullchit.
You have to be 21 to drive. It took me 12 to become a driver. So suck it up and pay your dues.

T

Turdferguson

10 years to get full time. During that time I worked as a unloader, loader, pick off, and sorter. After about five years I also started driving part time air driving and Saturday air driving too.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I'll beat Dave to the punch

"Started driving day one"

I was 1 year 1 day as that's what the contract called for back then. That is no longer the case.

We should introduce this guy to the guy who stared driving after 3 weeks of preloading

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Preload is tough for sure, but wait until you get on that package car all by yourself!