How long did it take you drivers to become drivers?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Kids miss it but taxes got stupid. We had a seasonal ocean view (just barely) in fall. $9,000/year. Never able to get there, so it was time to sell.
Yah taxed to death in Maine and nothing for it !! Mine are 4000 a yr for 100' lake front ! More than my home in mass

i just got week 1 of preloading over with and its been rough, felt like quitting after day 3 but I'm gonna grind thru it to become a truck driver. I've talked to some of the drivers and the youngest I've seen was 24, he just became a driver 1.5 years ago and been there since 19 which means it took him 3.5 years..am I really going to have to grind preload for 3.5 years?? I was told by Hr that I could be driver by 21 but after talking to the drivers, I feel like that was bullchit.
It was 21 when I started 43 yrs ago so what's the big deal. Your gen feels so damned privileged that everything has to be now. You want to be a driver now, start your own delivery company and have fun driving. By the way don't forget the cost of the truck!