How long did it take you drivers to become drivers?

Boulevard859710

i just got week 1 of preloading over with and its been rough, felt like quitting after day 3 but I'm gonna grind thru it to become a truck driver. I've talked to some of the drivers and the youngest I've seen was 24, he just became a driver 1.5 years ago and been there since 19 which means it took him 3.5 years..am I really going to have to grind preload for 3.5 years?? I was told by Hr that I could be driver by 21 but after talking to the drivers, I feel like that was bullchit.
Just don't be a bad preloader because when you become a driver, Karma's a bitch. [emoji2]

proyer

Sti

still doesn't make sense to me as to how there are drivers that took 8 years and some only took 2-5.

It all depends on your center and how soon drivers retire, which opens up a route. If you have a lot of young seniority drivers it will take longer than a hub with a bunch of older drivers. Make sense now?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It all depends on your center and how soon drivers retire, which opens up a route. If you have a lot of young seniority drivers it will take longer than a hub with a bunch of older drivers. Make sense now?
image.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The wait in our center averaged 5-7 years but we can't get anyone to sign the bid sheets. Last year 2 guys with 7 months of seniority went FT, they were the only 2 that signed the sheet. Put up another sheet 2 months ago and not one person signed it.

browner89

Where I'm at, Cover Driving can be near instant, FT in 3-5 years. Lots of TCD's tend to work full time hours, more driving slots than full time routes most days a week.

Foamer Pyle

I worked one Christmas as a peak driver and was hired full time off the street. They don't seem to put on any outside Christmas drivers anymore, oh well.

trickpony1

4 years on preload and just started as a TCD

Another word of advice......

Follow your methods EXACTLY as instructed;
Don't do the company any favors;
Don't do anything because you think it was save time;
Don't do anything because you think your supe will be proud;
Don't do anything without messaging the center so THEY can make the decision (you get paid to deliver boxes, not make decisions);

COVER YOUR A##.

Good luck.

MissloadMatt

15 years pt for me. When I was hired HR said 2-3 years. I was preload the entire time but ran air for a while and did a few years of Saturday's, usually had a second job.

Cowboy Mac

I've got about 18 months seniority right now and I'm already seeing guys that started 3-6 months after me going driving. It's gonna be at least another 18 months before I'm eligible because I'm not 21 yet. It's my age holdin' me back!

Re-Raise

A few preloaders in my center only had to wait 1 or 3 weeks.. and they are still looking to hire 8 more drivers!!!
Who the hell puts "1 or 3 weeks" ? Nobody ever took 2 weeks???

If you are going to be a liar, at least try to make it believable.