How long did it take you to become a driver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I drove from day 1, and made seniority right after peak (hired in October).

However, I always respected part-timers, and have never lorded over them.

Give it a break, Dave.
Don't mind Upstate...he put his manpon in sideways today. And his movie theater ran out of the butter topping for the popcorn, so I think there was a chafing sitiation...I dunno...Inde tends to mumble...lmao. :eek:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
At 21 was a driver helper. Pulled a garden cart in resi areas. Was called back in February to be a cover driver. Casual for 10 yrs. Full time for16 yrs now. Just waiting for the end of this contract. Just got my 4th week vacation this yr

40 and out

Started at 18. 10 yrs PT. Package driver since 1989. Might soon be changing my screen name to 45 and out or 50 and out. 40 and out probably not going to happen. :angry-very2::angry-very2::angry-very2:

PT Car Washer

Started at 18. 10 yrs PT. Package driver since 1989. Might soon be changing my screen name to 45 and out or 50 and out. 40 and out probably not going to happen. :angry-very2::angry-very2::angry-very2:
Hey, as long as you are healthy and can do the job, why not stay and collect those fat pay checks? You will be happy you did when you turn 90.

2old2load

I worked 14.5 years before I had the chance to go full time. Looking back.... I could have gotten 2 dr degrees!

Sent using BrownCafe App

S

selfcancelsignal

Preload for the 6 month minimum in our area then driving. Got into it way late... 37.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Lol i know that feeling...glad to hear it....I'm finally having my knee surgery in October.
You know if you get surgery done for your torn meniscus youll probably be out through peak right? Which isn't a bad thing lol. 12 weeks is about the norm with that surgery and this job. Don't want to come back to early with that surgery. Takes a while to get the strength and mobility back.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You know if you get surgery done for your torn meniscus youll probably be out through peak right? Which isn't a bad thing lol. 12 weeks is about the norm with that surgery and this job. Don't want to come back to early with that surgery. Takes a while to get the strength and mobility back.
4-6 weeks my doc said.