How long did it take you to get hired at UPS after your interview?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kizzy, Apr 7, 2014.

1. kizzy

kizzy Member

I'm going in as a pre-load supervisor and have already gone through the interview and had my DL and SS number taken. Its been about 12 days I called on this last Friday and they said a decision is yet to be reached. How long does it usually take for a position to be filled? Particularly looking for someone with pre-load supervisor experience but any position will do so I can get a grasp on the time frame I am looking at. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
  2. jaker

jaker trolling

You already sold your soul , so just it back and wait for ups to take it and they will take it
  3. kizzy

kizzy Member

haha thanks, looking for a bit more than that and if you have any experience I'd be more than happy to hear it.
  4. kizzy

kizzy Member

5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I was hired a few days after my interview. If a better job comes along in the meantime, I would take it. Otherwise, wait for them to call you.
  6. Mack Grant

Mack Grant Active Member

3 months and this is in a building with high turnover.
  7. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

Approximately 45 minutes. I went to school with the girl that interviewed me. Took the tour and there was a message on my answering machine by the time I arrived home telling me to call back if I wanted a job.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I didn't realize that you were a PT supervisor.
  9. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

You bumped a thread that you started just yesterday? Calm down, give it a few weeks. If you didn't get the job, then breathe a sigh of relief and go elsewhere
  10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

UPS moves at its own speed but be prepared to move fast when it happens.
  11. Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck Speak softly and carry a big stick.

I was told after the interview that I was hired pending a background check. Of course, I'm just a lowly hourly.
  12. I was hired on the spot. I still see the guy and I tell him he better be nice or I'll tell everyone he's the guy that hired me.
  13. kizzy

kizzy Member

should I call back every week?
  14. tre305

tre305 Member

A full year, I just happened to check my email one day and saw a message from HR saying I had my interview two days later.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  15. kizzy

kizzy Member

for a package handler? dang thats a long time

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Zero time. I didn't even go through HR. My own supervisor hired me on the spot after seeing my resume and talking with me for about 5 minutes.
  17. kizzy

kizzy Member

Were you already working there?

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Nope. I'm a mechanic, BTW. That about 12 years ago. My hiring experience was pretty unique, so I've been told. "My" supervisor was not at the time I was hired.Only afterward.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Every 28 minutes would be better.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Why would you do that?