How long did it take you to make your 30 days?

packageguy

Was it 30 consecutive? Or was it 30 dispersed through a couple months? I'm on day 8 out of 10 since I went driving. Got word today that they didn't have me drive the past couple days because of the Hurricane and volume being down because of it.

I am alittle confused, how do you make book during freeze period. Anything after October 15, does not count correct me if I am wrong. At least that's what it is in my local......

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am alittle confused, how do you make book during freeze period. Anything after October 15, does not count correct me if I am wrong. At least that's what it is in my local......
His 30 days started before the freeze. Here, it's Nov. 1. But, either way, if you are hired after that date, your time doesn't count unless you are retained before Mar. 1. Before that date, and any time during peak counts towards seniority.

kingOFchester

Close to one year. Was told by my BA that I couldn't get seniority (after I had driven 30 days) do to a "hand shake deal" between union and UPS. Still pissed about that one.

U

uber

How would his boss even know that? Sounds like he left a NDA in the load instead of dropping at the Air Recovery.

I did. Because I didn't sheet it. I was at a pickup that routinely gets 50+ packages on the End of Day. I looked at the End of Day and it had no NDA. When I was about to leave they told me they have another package for me that was seperate from the End of Day, it was last minute. I put it in the Special Accounts and didn't realize it was a NDA. Thus, leaving it in the truck and not dropping at the Air Recovery.

A mistake that won't happen again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should try to designate a part of your pkg car for any NDA that you pick up. This makes it easier for you when you go to the air recovery point. I use the high end of the 6000 section and when I back in to my parking space I put all of my air on the belt.

We have had a rash of these in my center over the past 2 weeks. We had a driver leave a RS1 NDA on her car, another left 2 NDA on his car and I was told that I left one on my car (I disputed this as I always segregate my air). They wanted to give the driver with the 2 NDA a warning letter but recanted when the driver found out that there had been no discipline for the other two drivers.

U

uber

Made it! Booya!

It was a long, tough and trying 30 days. Apparently they liked what they saw in me.