How long did you drive before experiencing regular knee or body pain?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've been driving for about two years now, not even regularly. Nothing in the way of aches or anything since except for sore muscles after the more explosive days. But for maybe the past month or more I've started to experience a regularly occurring pain in my knee.

It's worse in the mornings and when it rains and starts to wear off later in the day but it's still there. This job is the only thing I can think of that would contribute to such a such a thing and I'm starting get a little concerned.

How long were any other of you driving before experiencing such a problem? I'm just hoping this goes away promptly.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I've been driving for about two years now, not even regularly. Nothing in the way of aches or anything since except for sore muscles after the more explosive days. But for maybe the past month or more I've started to experience a regularly occurring pain in my knee.

It's worse in the mornings and when it rains and starts to wear off later in the day but it's still there. This job is the only thing I can think of that would contribute to such a such a thing and I'm starting get a little concerned.

How long were any other of you driving before experiencing such a problem? I'm just hoping this goes away promptly.

Funny thing, as soon as I get in my car to go to work I start to ache but on weekends I can go out panning or prospecting all day into the night and not feel anything. Maybe I'm psychotic....err it's psychological.

rod

Retired 22 years
I made it 17 years before I experienced a back injury (herniated disc)--missed 2 and a half months. Made the last 13 years injury free and retired in pretty damn good health. No back problems after that one time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Partially torn meniscus is what it sounds like. Better get it checked out and get the surgery to trim it up. Those things after a while just become a nuisance. Had mine done in 06. Been pretty good for most part but every once in a while ill get a light film of water on it, just get a cortisone shot and im good for a long while. Havent had a cortisone shot in bout 2 years thankfully.

sailfish

That didn't take long.

Partially torn meniscus is what it sounds like. Better get it checked out and get the surgery to trim it up. Those things after a while just become a nuisance. Had mine done in 06. Been pretty good for most part but every once in a while ill get a light film of water on it, just get a cortisone shot and im good for a long while. Havent had a cortisone shot in bout 2 years thankfully.
God I hope not. I really wouldn't want to resort to surgery for anything.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That didn't take long.

God I hope not. I really wouldn't want to resort to surgery for anything.
It aint that bad dude really. Was out 12 weeks for it. Only thing you can do for it really. Does it ever feel like it locks up on you at all or sharp pain right in the middle of it? 2 signs of a torn meniscus.

sailfish

It aint that bad dude really. Was out 12 weeks for it. Only thing you can do for it really. Does it ever feel like it locks up on you at all or sharp pain right in the middle of it? 2 signs of a torn meniscus.
Not sharp or locking up. Just chronic, particularly when putting weight on it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not sharp or locking up. Just chronic, particularly when putting weight on it.
Could be a tear on the inside or outside of knee. Different tears hurt in different spots. Id get an mri on it, forget working in pain. If im in lot of pain im going to dr. to get it looked at and getting an mri or xray and worse case scenario shutting it down and taking an Aflac vacation and sitting home and making the same amount of money as if I were working lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
Could be a tear on the inside or outside of knee. Different tears hurt in different spots. Id get an mri on it, forget working in pain. If im in lot of pain im going to dr. to get it looked at and getting an mri or xray and worse case scenario shutting it down and taking an Aflac vacation and sitting home and making the same amount of money as if I were working lol.

Could it just be tendonitis?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Could it just be tendonitis?
Could be never know, that's why its smart to get it checked out. Tendinitis could also come from a torn meniscus or any other type of knee trauma or injury. Still have never got it why drivers will keep working hurt and or not get some type of disability insurance. Just a matter of time before someone goes down with some type of REPETITIVE INJURY. This job isn't a 25 to 30 year job anymore, more like a 15 to 20 if your lucky and can make it with the excessive work and weights of these packages nowadays.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
In 15 yrs,,,Ben Gay and Advil will be better than sex !!! Lol
We all gave a lot to this Empire and all will have aches and pains eventually !
I've been in feeders for 12 yrs and still feeling it ,,,

raceanoncr

Not trying to discourage you or anything....well, yes, I am....have had two knee arthos (torn meniscus. Two in one, one in the other), two hip replacements, neck fusion....any questions?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Not trying to discourage you or anything....well, yes, I am....have had two knee arthos (torn meniscus. Two in one, one in the other), two hip replacements, neck fusion....any questions?
Sorry to hear this ,, I feel lucky , just some arthritis in fingers and hip out of line!!

sailfish

Could be never know, that's why its smart to get it checked out. Tendinitis could also come from a torn meniscus or any other type of knee trauma or injury. Still have never got it why drivers will keep working hurt and or not get some type of disability insurance. Just a matter of time before someone goes down with some type of REPETITIVE INJURY. This job isn't a 25 to 30 year job anymore, more like a 15 to 20 if your lucky and can make it with the excessive work and weights of these packages nowadays.
I suppose my 40 year plan I've had is a bit more far fetched than I originally imagined.