How long did you drive before experiencing regular knee or body pain?

Wilson

Headaches started early. Funny it coincided at the same time I tried to get management to treat me with respect and dignity.

Resistance is futile.

Ms.PacMan

I think tendinitis in the sole of my foot was the most stubborn ailment I've had so far. I had to baby it/heat/ice for weeks to get rid of it.

I've had the pain in the center bottom of my kneecap. I assume this was also tendinitis or maybe bursitis because it went away.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think tendinitis in the sole of my foot was the most stubborn ailment I've had so far. I had to baby it/heat/ice for weeks to get rid of it.

I've had the pain in the center bottom of my kneecap. I assume this was also tendinitis or maybe bursitis because it went away.
I'd like to think I'm durable enough to make a longer career out of this without any long-term defects. I'm banking on whatever I have to go away on its own before the year's up.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I had my right knee scoped 25 years age and that seemed to do the trick for a while. Over the years and several knee strains (both knees) my knees became riddled with arthritis. It got to the point where at the end of the day I could barely walk to my car in the parking lot. In 2013 I had my right knee replaced and in 2014 I had the left knee done. Hopefully my knees are good enough to get me across the finish line.

onehandsolo

Funny thing, as soon as I get in my car to go to work I start to ache but on weekends I can go out panning or prospecting all day into the night and not feel anything. Maybe I'm psychotic....err it's psychological.

I have 22 years in as a driver. The same thing happens to me. A lot of times I leave the house on Monday feeling fine I make one or two stops and I feel pain in my foot and ankle. Not a major issue.

onehandsolo

Here's a tip. Make sure that you r not locking your knees. Also try strengthening your core and abductors. This will take pressure of your hips and core.

ibleedbrown

i wonder what the percentages are of people who work at ups w achy joints, pains compared to people who don't work at ups of similar age.

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

Been doing this for 26 years, and most of that time was in high step, manual transmission, zero power steering vehicles. I have back and knee pain from time to time, but the chiropractor takes care of my back, and glucosamine usually keeps my knees feeling good.