How long did you drive before experiencing regular knee or body pain?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It is just on the left side of the dash box. About the same height of the bottom of the side window. Put it where it would be best for you. Your shoulder will thank you

3 done 3 to go

40 years here, 30 driving going out next year. 1 patella tendon trashed playing volley ball in Mexico. Many aches and pains but lately the worst that has ever effected me is Carpal tunnel in my left wrist and elbow. With this closing the bulk head door is killing me. Of all things this is the last injury that I thought would bother me. Go figure.

Take B6 vitamins. It should take the pain away in 2-3 days. Worked for me

3 done 3 to go

I use my right arm for the bulk head door. I hold package with my left hand. Had a hand rail installed on right side of exit door. So I go from bulk head handle to handle on way out the door. No box juggling

9.5 everyday

I've dislocated my thumb, pulled a muscle in my back pretty good and had some tendinitis issues. What is the most bothersome for me is my left knee. I call it clutch knee. I've mentioned numerous times that I need an automatic truck, but it seems every one in the entire building is getting one before me.

3 done 3 to go

I've dislocated my thumb, pulled a muscle in my back pretty good and had some tendinitis issues. What is the most bothersome for me is my left knee. I call it clutch knee. I've mentioned numerous times that I need an automatic truck, but it seems every one in the entire building is getting one before me.

Learn to speed shift. You only need the clutch to start off. Down shifting also. We have nothing but autos, for the last 10 yrs. It will save your clutch leg

Foamer Pyle

I don't even know how the new guys could ever have knee problems, as there are no more high step, non power steering, manual vehicles left. Kind of pisses me off that I had to drive those Sh@t boxes for 19 years before I got a low step, power steering, automatic car. The new guys will cry when they have to drive a manual diesel car with power steering.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ok scratch... How many hernias have you had though.... 4???

Sounds about right over a 40-year career. These were caused by being in a hurry and using poor body mechanics while pushing or pulling with my waist twisted in the wrong direction. I still have not had any ankle, knee, hip, back, shoulder, neck, elbow, or hand problems. I have been lucky in that regard. There is no doubt that repetitive motions cause a lot of wear and tear on our body parts over time. I have seen a lot of guys twenty plus years younger than me go out with joint surgeries and a few have become totally disabled. We have several drivers limping around all the time.

I've been driving for about two years now, not even regularly. Nothing in the way of aches or anything since except for sore muscles after the more explosive days. But for maybe the past month or more I've started to experience a regularly occurring pain in my knee.

It's worse in the mornings and when it rains and starts to wear off later in the day but it's still there. This job is the only thing I can think of that would contribute to such a such a thing and I'm starting get a little concerned.

How long were any other of you driving before experiencing such a problem? I'm just hoping this goes away promptly.
Pretty much right away. It comes and goes. Good 6 months and they you feel it and the next three months to a year will have there degree of difficulty. As is in life.