How long does it take for Vision coverage to take effect?

Sura

I have worked for ups for 2 years now, and my medical and dental benefits are covering me just fine but, my coverage for vision benefits are no where to be found on atena.
So does anyone know how long/how many years i have to put in before my vision coverage take effect.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is revenue recovery a union or non-union position? It could be that your coverage does not include vision or that it is handled by a different insurance carrier. I have BC/BS for medical, Davis for vision and another provider for dental.

Sura

I used to be a unloader and then transferred to the revenue recovery team, they still take out $5:50 from my check for union dues so im pretty sure im in the union.

Kis124

My vision insurance is VSP. we don't get a card. the places that accept it have a number to call to verify members.

working up a sweat

In my local, it only takes 6 months to get all benefits for myself and dependents. Med, dental and vision. Most other locals could take 1 year for yourself and 18 months for dependents. Call your union hall for info.