How long have u worked at UPS and how many years do u have left until retirement?

Rainman

Its all good.
Will hit 35 with the company this year. My body is starting to ache more now than it has in the past. I have 3 teenagers at home, so if I leave I'll still have to work somewhere, which I don't mind. I would like to leave and have a better quality of life. Money isn't everything. If I can find something to make up the difference between my pension and what I'm making now I would like to make the change. I started with the company when I was 18, so I still have a few good years left. I would like to get out while my body will still let me enjoy life. My wife hates the long hours so she would be happy for me to retire.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Packmule

I just had an 8 hr request my last day. No recognition or mention of it in pcm that morning that it was my last day. Finished up at 5, nobody around when I got in (on a Friday). Left that place and never went back.
Well let us BC guys be the ones to say congrats and thank you for your service!

I have been on vacation for the last 9 weeks and have 2 weeks of vacation left and then 6 or 11 sick days left. Still battling payroll for their calculation compared to my calculation.

Packmule

Wanted to wait till 2017, but family wants me out next spring. Talking to BA this weekend about it. Not decided yet.

wkmac

I'm afraid to count it up. Started at 20 years old in 9/2001. Went full time 2009. Depressing

It may look like a Mt. Everest now but before you know it, time has flown. It goes faster than you realize.

Approaching 33 years now but I do remember being where you are and thinking just like you. Don't forget to stop from time to time along the way and just smell the roses because before you know it, it'll be coming to an end.
:wink2:

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
I am now officially retired! Last day was yesterday. It was bittersweet saying goodbye to all my customers. They had a little send off for me at PCM yesterday and even gave my wife flowers! It was quite nice! Retirement party with all my UPS buddies and other friends is tonight. My Brother will be there too. Looking forward to it. The feeling still needs to sink in...

oldngray

nowhere special
I am now officially retired! Last day was yesterday. It was bittersweet saying goodbye to all my customers. They had a little send off for me at PCM yesterday and even gave my wife flowers! It was quite nice! Retirement party with all my UPS buddies and other friends is tonight. My Brother will be there too. Looking forward to it. The feeling still needs to sink in...

Now its time to enjoy life. And gratz for surviving long enough to graduate from the school of hard work.

Packmule

Congrats! Have a long happy retirement!

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
It may look like a Mt. Everest now but before you know it, time has flown. It goes faster than you realize.

Approaching 33 years now but I do remember being where you are and thinking just like you. Don't forget to stop from time to time along the way and just smell the roses because before you know it, it'll be coming to an end.
:wink2:

Yea I started saving while working a full time gig at a bank when I was part time. I'm planning 25 and out if it's still available when I reach that time. I bought two rental units last year, and plan on one or two more this year, as the first is almost 100% free cash flowing already.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Congratulations!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Congratulations on your release from ALCATRAZ lol.

oldupsman

You'll be amazed how much better you will feel mentally and physically.

Rainman

Its all good.
I'm happy for you. I hope that your retirement is all that you hoped for it to be. You earned it.

Sent using BrownCafe App