How long have you worked for UPS?

How many years have you been employed by UPS?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 61 5.9%
  • 1 -2 years

Votes: 81 7.8%
  • 3 - 5 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • 6 - 7 years

Votes: 53 5.1%
  • 8 - 10 years

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • 11 - 15 years

Votes: 124 11.9%
  • 16 - 20 years

Votes: 146 14.0%
  • 21 - 25 years

Votes: 165 15.8%
  • 26 - 30 years

Votes: 81 7.8%
  • More than 30 years

Votes: 140 13.4%

• Total voters

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
19.5 total.
UNLOAD= 7 days, (lol, that crap sucked)
LOAD= 4 years, (2nd best loader in building)
SATURDAY AIR= 3 years,
LOAD/ DELIVER WEEKLY AIR FOR DRIVERS = 3.5 years,
COVER DRIVER/ SWING 2= years,
PACKAGE= 13 years

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
u guys are hilarious...........now, that i'm a driver, can you just imagine having a loader who.......IS ACCURATE ON STOPS COUNTS, I'M MEANING PLUS OR MINUS 5 ????? (i know it's different now with PAS), NO AIR IN THE LOAD............NO MISLOADS..........i wasn't perfect, but hell, you start with a empty car, how hard can it be........(of course, you have to remember that back in those days, loaders were held ACCOUNTABLE, duh) if you had a misload, especially air, maybe twice a week, you would get warning letter..........really........

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
oh come on guys........even back then, the sups were running around with lists!!!!! lol.......they did a accuracy rating one time...........air in load, misloads, plus or minus 5 on stop counts.........i really enjoyed loading.......omg it's not that hard..........packages now tell you 1 of 4, 2 of 30, etc........hell, you know what's coming...........so, when i have 4 misloads in one day, it pisses me off.........and they are purely misloads........no wrong pal label, etc................lazy loaders..........( i only mean some.......i know they aren't all that bad!)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

here we go again....excessive use of unnecessary punctuation...very distracting...makes it hard to follow a post...Celtics have the ball...14.6 seconds left...Ray Allen just tied it up with a 3...back to the thread...being named 2nd best loader...there were only 2 loaders...#2 became #1 when #1 was on vacation...is there anything worse than a loader who is now a driver criticizing the loader...we're going to overtime in Chicago...I'm sorry...what were we talking about...oh yeah...excessive use of the ..................................................................................

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
Why are people so gggrrrrrr on this site??????geez, lighten up. ups doesn't train anyone anymore, and that's a fact. our pds person has no idea what they are doing. they actually stated to a few drivers that they were never trained. ?????? they were supposed to take a 3 day training class, and they never got to go. really? i don't know about you, but i would bet that most drivers don't like running 3-4 extra misloads a day. where does it end?????

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
ny, you are so quick to point out everybody's little faults. you must be perfect. let me guess, you're in management?? if you don't like reading my posts, and can't understand them, then STOP.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ny, you are so quick to point out everybody's little faults. you must be perfect. let me guess, you're in management?? if you don't like reading my posts, and can't understand them, then STOP.

No, I am not in mgt--I guess I just paid attention in school. Especially when they were teaching grammar.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Obviously you have not met NYUpstate. You'll get over him in a while. Really a nice guy with a good sense of humor. :funny:

GUTHREE

Mrs. Smooth
i guess your right. maybe i don't know him. it makes me not want to ever post again, and just get off the site. i feel like i'm at work, always be ridiculed.... ugh. i thought we are all on the same team !??!? lol

srudbyups

I was there 23 years really loved my job, people called me crazy! But eventualy got screwed, doesn't matter how much you love something or how good a job you do, someone always wants to kick you in face!