How long should I wait before reapplying?

Applied for a preloader position and went in for the tour/interview. I was told if I got it, I would hear something this past Wednesday or Thursday. So far, no calls.

The position was taken off the ups jobs site when i went in for a tour and was re-posted the day of my interview.
I really want to get my foot in the door. I want to work hard, sweat, get dirty and eventually snag a FT driving position in the future.

My question is, did anyone not get a loader/unloader/preloader job and re-apply right away?
Will it look bad if I try again immediately, or will it look like I am serious and that this is something I really want?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
be proactive. go to the HR and ask in person. if they say the position has been filled , ask if they will keep you application active or should you reapply each time a position comes open.

UPS is always hiring so unless there is something wrong with your application , you should get on eventually.

PT Car Washer

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but a couple days is hardly enough time to reapply, I would wait until after Labor Day. Preload has a huge turn over rate and for good reason. The job sucks in most locations.

Thanks for the replies. H.R. rep is past security so I don't think I can walk in uninvited. He made it seem that if I didn't hear from him by this Thursday that someone else got the position. I just want to be pro-active without going overboard. Thanks again for the advice.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks for the replies. H.R. rep is past security so I don't think I can walk in uninvited. He made it seem that if I didn't hear from him by this Thursday that someone else got the position. I just want to be pro-active without going overboard. Thanks again for the advice.
I believe applications are kept on file for 30 days. If you log back into upsjobs.com, it should tell you the status of your application (active, on file, etc)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
be proactive. go to the HR and ask in person. if they say the position has been filled , ask if they will keep you application active or should you reapply each time a position comes open.

UPS is always hiring so unless there is something wrong with your application , you should get on eventually.

So you "worked' out of a building I presume that was large enough that you refer to it as a hub ...and yet there was no guard booth/security rent a cops to prevent job seekers from waltzing right in looking for HR? Ummm....... :bsbullf:

km3

Just give it a while and reapply. If you apply again soon and don't get the position, try to go seasonal instead. That could help you get your foot in the door.

Nice username BTW.

PT Car Washer

Just give it a while and reapply. If you apply again soon and don't get the position, try to go seasonal instead. That could help you get your foot in the door.

Nice username BTW.

My building does not have the luxury of being able to hire seasonal workers. Too busy trying to hire enough permanent workers.

trickpony1

I'm surprised someone hasn't already said:

"if that's your real name on your avatar you need to change it to something else."

Nice username BTW.

Thanks! I couldn't come up with anything for the username but my wife and I kind of bonded watching the show some years ago. It will always stick with me!

I'm surprised someone hasn't already said:

"if that's your real name on your avatar you need to change it to something else."

I get it. The show is NOT a reflection of the job, or company or of how hard drivers actually work.
It is not an insult to anyone that works their ass off at UPS. But I'm not going to change it ;).

km3

My building does not have the luxury of being able to hire seasonal workers. Too busy trying to hire enough permanent workers.

Yeah, I get that. My building is in a similar situation. But this guy's location obviously isn't suffering from the staffing crisis that our buildings are, or he would've been hired on the spot...or at least after a background check.