How long until you can bid?

DougH

Obviously your seniority is what gets you the job, but can you start bidding on jobs your first day or what type of time period until you can bid?

Sent using BrownCafe App

I say always put your name on what you might want. Stranger things have happened and lower seniority guys have won bids simply from being the only signer.
What have you got to lose?

PT Car Washer

You have to wait until you make seniority before you can bid on anything. Other rules are you have to stay in your current job 6 months before you can bid again.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You have to wait until you make seniority before you can bid on anything. Other rules are you have to stay in your current job 6 months before you can bid again.
I guess it depends on your area. We just had someone go full time package, and he was in it two weeks and got a call from feeders and went to feeders.

S

selfcancelsignal

The thing I've always wondered about the route bids is if someone that's call in/on call a day or a few each week signs up for a route & gets it, does said person automatically run the route all 5 days of the week, or will someone higher up in seniority that's either vacation coverage or lower split route coverage be expected to fill it if they're scheduled to work & the person that bid on said route is not.? Just curious how this works w/ the always inaccurate volume & volume forecasts mgmt. & dispatch try to go by when scheduling each week.?

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

upschuck

The thing I've always wondered about the route bids is if someone that's call in/on call a day or a few each week signs up for a route & gets it, does said person automatically run the route all 5 days of the week, or will someone higher up in seniority that's either vacation coverage or lower split route coverage be expected to fill it if they're scheduled to work & the person that bid on said route is not.? Just curious how this works w/ the always inaccurate volume & volume forecasts mgmt. & dispatch try to go by when scheduling each week.?

If you win the bid, you work before anybody that does not have a bid. A non bid person can not bump a bid person off their route(unless there was a bad bid process).

By The Book

I believe that if you win a bid and take it you stay on it for a certain period of time. That being said you can bid into a higher paid position any time you want , even if its posted a week after you were awarded your previous bid. One example would be package to carwash ( shift differential ). Another would be package to feeders.( rate of pay).

Cementups

Box Monkey
I believe that if you win a bid and take it you stay on it for a certain period of time. That being said you can bid into a higher paid position any time you want , even if its posted a week after you were awarded your previous bid. One example would be package to carwash ( shift differential ). Another would be package to feeders.( rate of pay).

Depends on your supplement.