How many did you do?

Stopher

What is the most stops u ever completed in a single day? We all know bout peak of 2013 and the crazy volume and understaffing. My biggest day was 508. What was y'all's biggest day?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is the most stops u ever completed in a single day? We all know bout peak of 2013 and the crazy volume and understaffing. My biggest day was 508. What was y'all's biggest day?
First, lets look at the raw numbers on this. 508/14hrs ( the max you can work in a day) =36.28SPORH. Now with that number, we can extrapolate 60mins/36.28 =1.65 per minute. So within less than 1 minute on average, you were able to 1. stop the vehicle, dig out the package/s (at least 508 packages on the vehicle, at 1.5 per stop would be 762), scan and take the packages to the stop ( accounting for the fact you also have a helper) get back in the vehicle with your helper, secure your seat belts, start the vehicle, and move to the next stop, all in less than 1 minute per stop.

None of the above time accounts for lunch, to or from building time, picking up said helper, gassing up, or in building time.

And all the while being safe to yourself, your helper, and the general public.

I call BS and if not you're a injury to yourself or others looking for a place to happen. Not sure whats worse, bragging about you being unsafe or management looking at a report and not addressing there is no way to do these numbers without glaring safety concerns.

Edit: judging by your "y'all's" tag you might be from down here in the south. I'm out of Roswell Center, local 728. Get to know Matt H our BA, I have a feeling you'll need to call him with an issue eventually.

542thruNthru

This thread reminds me of the DHL guy that drove a little panel van. When I asked him how many stops he does a day. He told me with a serious face "I do almost 400 stops a day. You guys have it easy."

Sure buddy.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I did 350 out of an old 600 before we had diads. Had a helper and an on car met us on the route. We would drop the helper of with a cart load of stops and the on car would jump businesses. I would drive, sheet, and sort. I don't think I got out of the car for six hours. Whenever I see the on car supe we always have a laugh about that day.

You've Got Mail

I literally run from the truck to the houses and back, and floor the gas pedal to each stop, and I still only manage about 150 stops between 9am and 6pm. It really all depends on how your stops are spaced out, how much crap each stop gets, traffic, and how far the doors are from the street.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I literally run from the truck to the houses and back, and floor the gas pedal to each stop, and I still only manage about 150 stops between 9am and 6pm. It really all depends on your areas, how much crap each stop gets, and how far the doors are from the street.

We are talking about the most stops done during Peak with a helper on the car. Mine is 283----75 of these were done in 45 minutes with an on-car on board in a very tight residential section.

Stopher

I
First, lets look at the raw numbers on this. 508/14hrs ( the max you can work in a day) =36.28SPORH. Now with that number, we can extrapolate 60mins/36.28 =1.65 per minute. So within less than 1 minute on average, you were able to 1. stop the vehicle, dig out the package/s (at least 508 packages on the vehicle, at 1.5 per stop would be 762), scan and take the packages to the stop ( accounting for the fact you also have a helper) get back in the vehicle with your helper, secure your seat belts, start the vehicle, and move to the next stop, all in less than 1 minute per stop.

None of the above time accounts for lunch, to or from building time, picking up said helper, gassing up, or in building time.

I call BS and if not you're a injury to yourself or others looking for a place to happen. Not sure whats worse, bragging about you being unsafe or management looking at a report and not addressing there is no way to do these numbers without glaring safety concerns.

Edit: judging by your "y'all's" tag you might be from down here in the south. I'm out of Roswell Center, local 728. Get to know Matt H our BA, I have a feeling you'll need to call him with an issue eventually.
h

I have proof of this.