How many here are in "Bonus" Centers?

Upsdriver88

I am, just wondering if ya like the bonus center idea. Many people in my center, myself included, like the bonus plan. Personally, I will make close $90,000 this year, and no I do not kill myself doing it. I like being home by 5 and getting paid like I worked 'til 7:30!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I am, just wondering if ya like the bonus center idea. Many people in my center, myself included, like the bonus plan. Personally, I will make close $90,000 this year, and no I do not kill myself doing it. I like being home by 5 and getting paid like I worked 'til 7:30!
huh ?????????????? your numbers dont add up..........90 thou...????

Just_another_day_at_work

You mean boneazz? (senior driver told me once) :) Every 8-10th rt you can make bonus with lunch in our center. The rest are not bonus, coming in early, skipping lunch and you got your 70-120 clicks. Personally I wouldn't mind bonus, but what it does to some people it makes me :sick:.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
How many here are not in "Bonus" centers?
How many centers are there in the United States?
How many centers are there Worldwide?
How many centers are there that run paid under?
How many centers are there that run paid over?
:happy-very:

Dustyroads

We became a bonus center, waaaay back when that all began. Then, after about 4 or 5 years, we voted it out. Then, after about 3 or 4 years, there was a petition going around to vote on bonus again, and they got more than half of the drivers on the seniority list to sign the petition. A vote was taken, and bonus was back. I guess it's been back at least ten years. I don't make much bonus, however, I don't have any big pickup accounts, and although I drive a lot of miles every day, I don't really drive excessively fast. I think I made about .25 of an hour last Friday. However, there are a lot of drivers in our center that make over 2 hours of bonus every day. And, I noticed that last Friday's numbers showed that our center (with about 50 drivers on the street) was over 40 hours "under", for the center. Some people make a bunch of extra money that way. Some of them work really hard at it. Some work less hard at it. The numbers look great, but that's really all it is, numbers. And, as long as that is what is important at UPS, the numbers, then bonus centers will thrive.

Re-Raise

I am in a bonus center and I don't give it a second thought. I probably make bonus about half of the time, usually a half hour or less a day.

I work at a brisk but safe pace. I have been doing it long enough to know that this job is a marathon and not a sprint.

I believe providing quality service to the customers on my route is much more important than getting bonus money.

If someone asks me to help them place a package inside for them or if I have to be polite and wait for someone to sign I will.

Whether or not I get a couple of extra dollars a week isn't as important to me as keeping our customers using UPS.

brownrod

I would love bonus if we got some current time studies and each route had a trace that made sense.

As it is we need to get super lucky to bonus a lot of the time. Such as A pickup with 1000 smalls already bagged. One of our routes is skewed in the drivers favor (my grandma could bonus in her wheelchair) but most of our routes are impossible to bonus on even if you run an gun an skip your breaks an lunch.

overallowed

Most of the drivers in our center that are running an hour or more under every day are doing it the old fashioned way. They cheat. A whole lotta driving around doin' nothin'. Management loves it. Bunchabullifyaaskme.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Everyone here loved bonus too. Until that is we got the "new" time allowances. Some routes lost an hour or so, all lost some time. Supposedly some gained time, but we can't seem to locate it on our routes. Now it's all Bone Us. We could never vote it out, but in reality it does not exist if it is never acieved anyway. Like trying to book a trip to Atlantis.

Billy

That's half the problem with it. If you are running a hour of bonus daily then the company can justify giving you more stops. Let's say you run average of 20 stops an hour and a hour of bonus. Guess what you're going to end up with... another 20 stops. Eventually your route is so packed that there is no time to service the customer, or look for new accounts, but you will be expected to do that. Too many folks doing too much shady things that will get them hurt, or fired in the long run. There's no such thing as free money. It will catch up to you via your body, or your job. The key is keeping a 30 year pace not a 5 year sprint.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I loved bonus. Made about .30 a day, or about 1.5 hours for the week. Never "hurried" or cheated the system. What I did do is found out who drove what cars, and where wives worked etc. I would get into downtown of my main area, and folks would show up and ask for thier pkgs.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
In the beginning of my driving days bonus seemed to be decent but soon enough after the first couple of years management radically altered the daily numbers and bonus dryed up. Guys would run their asses off all day long, work thru lunch and barely get bonus. At that point I wanted nothing to do with bonus and always wanted it voted out. Its now referred to by me as "sucker bonus" when I'm talking to my friends in pc.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
love bonus. Would go to feeders if they had bonus. lol
We do have "bonus" in a sense. Mileage jobs are paid by miles for the run. If you lead foot it you can get done ahead of the plan time and make the same money as if you didn't lead foot it. Plenty of guys are doing it.

Also I consider all feeder jobs bonus. Our bonus is : almost no stress - a handfull of stops per day and not 180 - getting in and out of the truck a dozen times and not 350 - higher payrate than pc (for pulling doubles) - air conditioning - I could go on further but my time is limited :peaceful: