How many hours a day on average do UPS employees work on Peak season

MajorArmedMan

As a part time employee, do we get full time hours on peak season?. I heard from one of my co-workers hat on average we work 6 to 7 hours a day on average, then I heard someone say they once had to work 12 hours on peak season, but I'm not sure if he was in double shift. I'm only a part-time employee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you choose not to double shift you will probably get the 6-7 hours.

This is the ideal time for you to make a few extra bucks so if you are not working a second job you should definitely sign up to either double shift or driver helper.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
As a part time employee, do we get full time hours on peak season?. I heard from one of my co-workers hat on average we work 6 to 7 hours a day on average, then I heard someone say they once had to work 12 hours on peak season, but I'm not sure if he was in double shift. I'm only a part-time employee.

For ever and ever.

And then a little more.

Run screaming while you still have a chance.

UPS2008

If you don't want extra time, you might end up working only extra hour or less per shift. I work nights, and my average last year was less than 4 hours

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you choose not to double shift you will probably get the 6-7 hours.

This is the ideal time for you to make a few extra bucks so if you are not working a second job you should definitely sign up to either double shift or driver helper.

Other than the four days you did small sort, or international audits or whatever it was that you couldn't hack, what do you really know about local sort or preload?

The year I worked preload/porter, preload was often 9-10 hours at peak. Nobody was asked to work that long, they were expected to.

And, as a full-time employee, I got lots of 12-14 hour days.

Box Ox

7 to 10 hours of preload where I am.

And then management might beg you to be a driver helper afterward. Not as many outside hires are being fooled into lower rate driver helping given the improving economy.

W

What The Hawk?

It goes by seniority but sign up for extra preload hours and/or driver helper. I did that and peak for us starts next week. We shall see. I hope I get the extra hours cause I want to know more about the job and especially be with drivers as the helper and see the :censored2: they have to deal with.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It goes by seniority but sign up for extra preload hours and/or driver helper. I did that and peak for us starts next week. We shall see. I hope I get the extra hours cause I want to know more about the job and especially be with drivers as the helper and see the :censored2: they have to deal with.

You can't handle two trucks without help, and you signed up for extra shifts?

Dang.

GenericUsername

In our center, you typically do 7 hours Tuesday-Friday and Monday(Sunday night into Monday morning) is a 9-10 hour shift as a preloader. Our reload team normally starts at 6 and works until 1 AM or so M-friend.

W

What The Hawk?

You can't handle two trucks without help, and you signed up for extra shifts?

Dang.
You trying to get a rise out of me? I'm new, I've said it a hundred times already. Those two trucks I have, I can handle very well. Its not my fault I got thrown on those trucks with so many irregs, nor is it my fault that THEY send me help. I don't ask or it. like I also keep saying, I'm prety damn good at my job just needed to get used to the extra volume that comes with these trucks. Nothing wrong with that.

km3

Last peak I averaged about 6.5-7.5 hours. One day it was about 10.5, but for some reason they ran a good portion of Noonday's volume. So, being on the Midnight shift at the time, about 10:30 to around 5 am daily. That one long day, we ran until 9am.