How many hours do you usually work a week at your hub?

Dash549

I just started last week as a preloader in a big hub and during the interview process the kept stressing that it was only 17.5 hours to 20 hours. This week after I clocked out I had racked up over 24 hours! Is this usual? It was a pleasant surprise to see that number when he made it seem like we would rarely be getting 20.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Every place is different but I remember in my interview they stressed how little I would make and that there wouldn't be many hours. This wasn't the case at all as I often had an hour of OT a day.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just started last week as a preloader in a big hub and during the interview process the kept stressing that it was only 17.5 hours to 20 hours. This week after I clocked out I had racked up over 24 hours! Is this usual? It was a pleasant surprise to see that number when he made it seem like we would rarely be getting 20.

Preloaders seem to get more hours than the other shift workers. I work twilight and I only get 18 hours a week. I can switch shift to preload just about anytime I want, but I don't think I can do that when I got an annoying brother who blasts the radio all day long. I'll just stick to twilight and enjoy life while finding another part time gig. But anyway, I'll never understand what's so hard about picking up packages from your power zone and loading it into package cars. I loaded a package car yesterday by myself and I felt like I could load 4 more. Nothing but cake.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Preloaders seem to get more hours than the other shift workers. I work twilight and I only get 18 hours a week. I can switch shift to preload just about anytime I want, but I don't think I can do that when I got an annoying brother who blasts the radio all day long. I'll just stick to twilight and enjoy life while finding another part time gig. But anyway, I'll never understand what's so hard about picking up packages from your power zone and loading it into package cars. I loaded a package car yesterday by myself and I felt like I could load 4 more. Nothing but cake.

Your not even a decent troll twilight doesn't load package cars.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
In my facility:

Preload
Input/Small Sort -- 15-16 if you don't request your guarantee, up to 17.5-18.5 if you do
*exception: irreg drivers get 22-23

Clerks -- 24-25

Loaders -- 19-20

All positions on Local Sort average 14-15 -- if you request your guarantee, you'll start earlier or finish later. Rarely will you exceed 17.5-18.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
23-26 loading feeders. They try and keep us under 5 to avoid OT, but it's impossible to keep everyone under on Mondays.
People who have high seniority get significantly less because they use their seniority to make sure they are the first ones cut.

6 hours everyday November and December. Plus they run an 8 hour Saturday sort all through December (Straight Overtime). Last year was the first time they ran Sunday sorts during peak. If you work the Sunday sort, Friday is straight overtime, and Saturday is straight double pay. Man I miss that money.

Seahawks17

I'm a loader on the night sort at my hub and I average 28 hours a week. I feel bad for you guys that barely even get 20 hours. I guess they don't care about PT getting OT at my hub.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm a loader on the night sort at my hub and I average 28 hours a week. I feel bad for you guys that barely even get 20 hours. I guess they don't care about PT getting OT at my hub.

You mean twilight as it night sort? What hub you work at. Is it big? How big? Massive? I'm thinking of transferring. I'm trying to figure out if I'm more suited in a big hub or an average size hub or a small hub.