How many hours do you usually work a week at your hub?

Re-Raise

You mean twilight as it night sort? What hub you work at. Is it big? How big? Massive? I'm thinking of transferring. I'm trying to figure out if I'm more suited in a big hub or an average size hub or a small hub.

When you decide what suits you best, just tell someone at UPS and we will make the necessary moves to keep you happy.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I usually get paid for around 48 hours, but only "work" around 40, according to my manager.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You mean twilight as it night sort? What hub you work at. Is it big? How big? Massive? I'm thinking of transferring. I'm trying to figure out if I'm more suited in a big hub or an average size hub or a small hub.

When you decide what suits you best, just tell someone at UPS and we will make the necessary moves to keep you happy.

LOL. Sarcasm is like a second language to me.

Switching shifts is not easy here. We have a preload, day sort, twilight sort, and midnight sort. Most of the year twilight and midnight are getting 3.5 to 4 hours a day, while preload, and day sort especially, are close or over 5 all year. Even though they are hiring new people for all these shifts, HR really drags their feet when it comes to people wanting to switch shifts. Before they finally get around to switching you, they've already hired a new person for the shift you wanted.

Switching locations is not gonna happen period the end. I know people who have tried, and are basically told to put in their 2 weeks notice, get a positive re-hire status, and then reapply at the location they are moving to. Educational transfers are a different story, but they seem to take months to go through.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Twilight Hub, usually get between 22-24 hours a week and I milk it every for every drop I can. We usually get a little bit of OT at least one day a week now.

breno2342

Twilight loader here. I usually get 25-27 hours/week. Mondays and Tuesday are pretty much guaranteed 6 hours, then usually 4.5-5.5 hours for the rest of the days.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
​There's a position that's perfect for you at the Clarksville Hub.

Clarkville hub is great! Nothing ever jams or is missorted! All equipment is new and clean! Management is friendly and courteous! I don't even think anyone sweats there!

laffter

21.5-23 was typical for preload here (off-peak), but these past couple weeks have been over 25. We've been starting earlier, and they still can't seem to get the sort down at a reasonable time. It's a little silly when we go down at 8:10 and some drivers should be out of the damn building by 8:20. The other day I didn't clock out 'till 9:20. That was a sweet 5.5-hour day right there. It's hard to understand how some buildings (that I've read about here) barely give their preload the guaranteed 3.5.

PT Car Washer

Start preload late. Jam the boxes down the belts. Stack out bulk stops. Kick the loaders out and have the drivers finish. Unless the driver wants out on time and then let him work off the clock. Irregs, LIBs, NDAs all over the place. Have air drivers shuttle everthing out to the drivers and run misleads. That is our Preload managers planed day. Then he pats himself on the back and goes home.